So I've been gearing up this past week for a canoe trip with the Agent this weekend. We'll be on the river for 4 days so that entails lots of gear situating and list making. Should be a good time, we're both looking forward to getting away from peeps. We're taking the baby dog with us and I know she'll be loving it. We're boarding the big dog (since she's a runner); wish we could take her too but don't want to chance her running off and the baby dog following and thus losing them both. I'm a little paranoid about being out of phone contact for four days (cells don't work, we're in the middle of nowhere). I've become very wary of missing late night emergency phone calls; I'm hoping no one dies while we're gone and they can't track me down (morbid but true). I am now officially attempting to let go of that paranoia.
(And I got a 1 hr massage today and a chiropractic adjustment - talk about heaven. If I were a rich woman, I'd hire a 24/7 masseuse...and throw in extra for a happy ending! Oh, stop! Like you wouldn't too..)
Other than that, spent the last week enjoying lots of women's bball action, NCAA plus WNBA draft. The NCAA champ game was awesome, way better than the men's. OT and a new champ, always a good thing. Plus the Storm drafted well so I'm happy.
Flaming Lips have a new CD out, will be getting that soon for sure. But right now, I have to purge a song that's been going through my head for weeks! I need to get it out before I'm out in the wilderness and have it stuck for even longer. Here, you take it:
You fucked it up
You should’ve quit
Till circumstances
Had changed a bit
You fucked it up
You jumped the gun
I swore you off but
You climbed back on
And when you said
Of course you know
Could I be blamed
If I’d wished it so
I don’t think so
You fucked it up
Or was it you
’cause when you said it
I said it too
What of it
And all that stuff
I knew before
Just turned into
Please love me more
Long Shot - Aimee Mann
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment