Couple of things:
1) Someone apparently wants a little piece of our suburban existence - we've got an offer on the house. No more daily cleaning and dog shaving! Downside: Now we really need to find a place. I dread if we have to go with the month-month apt contingency plan. However, selling is a weight off and that's all that matters.
2) I am now hooked on that show South of Nowhere. Lordy, it's on some kids network or something and I can't help but feel a bit pervy..BUT, hello, teen lesbian angst?! I'm there. Luckily, the two cute gals are 20-somethings in real life so that makes it a little better. Catch it on the "N" network! (No, I don't think it's Nickolodean, but I do know they show Dora the Explorer in the mornings..scary?! You bet).
3) Been watching as much WNBA as possible, of course cheering for my Storm. Their season so far is a bit up/down, but I'm hoping for some consistency. They're going to need it since the West is looking tough this year. I have also found a new favorite player to follow: The Chicago Sky's Candice Dupree. Girl's got skill for a rookie. Played for Dawn Staley at Temple and has got a sweet shot. I like to have a favorite player on each team, makes watching non-Storm games interesting. Whatever gets you through the day, I say.
4) I made chicken quesadillas the other day - to die for.
- chicken breast
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 red pepper (roasted if you got time/inclination)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 diced hot pepper
- can of corn
- can of blackbeans
- taco seasoning
- Cut up one or two chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and saute with onions and peppers in oil. Drain corn, blackbeans, and tom, add to chicken and peppers. Season to taste. Simmer on low for 5-10 min. Put mixture in warmed tortilla, add lots of cheese, and brown in skillet both sides. Add lettuce/sour cream/salsa if you want.
5) Other new music I've been listening to is: Panic! At the Disco. I sometimes wonder if as I age, some of my tastes are regressing. I found myself thinking about purchasing a Kelly Clarkson cd. Kelly Clarkson, ya'll. Cute, sure, but I think some of her music is actually good. What is happening to me? Once again, the corporate American machine is insidious and evil. Give in..give in.
That be it for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment