4/04/2007

Thoughts on The Nature of The Human Condition (or Why I Stopped Being a Crybaby and Learned To Love The Season)

Yes, so with all the trees abloom and the flowers flowering and you know, spring springing, my thoughts, like yours, inevitably turn to sex. Now I would love to write a pithy commentary on the virtues and vices of wanton lust. I may or may not have, in the distant and not so distant past, written fictional accounts of such prurient activities. I could certainly try my hand at a poem about the female form (e.g., "O' delicate curves a-dangling/ripe fruit for the plucking/Hark!/is.it.too.crude.to.say/Soon!/we will be a-fucking?") -- thank your retinas that I shall not engage in such lyrical activities. I once did a spoken word piece (on the glory of genitalia) wherein I had an acoustic guitar and simply strummed G-chord in hopes of enticing a response from G-spot. I actually wish I was kidding about the spoken word part (though I am embellishing the subject, it was actually about my 7th grade papier mache art project..actually not kidding). I should also mention that the personal is the political and it is politically and personally unwise of me to delve any further into my own proclivities and activities. Discretion and such. (This is where viv and the Mrs go 'Yeah, right..why did we ever encourage her to drunk dial us? Discretion my ass'). But allow me the liberty to reflect upon one of the finer points and pleasures of the human condition, please. Here is where I will simply say that I appreciate and celebrate (with no amount of playa-hate) the inevitable fact that trees will bloom and flowers will flower and spring will soon be sprung? It's good to be alive, is it not?

Or, in the recently texted words of my friend A: "Stop bawl-babying about this and that, spring is 'do whatever you want' season so quit being such gay crybaby and whore it up. Goodbye."

Indeed, my friend, indeed.

5 comments:

riese said...

omg, i want to title my blogs "how i stopped ___ and learned to love ____" ALL THE TIME. like, if i could, i'd do it every time, except for the times that i do a variation on "what we talk about when we talk about love" (the ray carver story, been parodied many times). anyhow, yay, if such a thing is possible, i love you even more than i already did before.

yay spring!

El N said...

Win: I was going to do a variation on "Yes Virginia, there is a _______" but thought that too referentially young for the subject matter at hand. And a springy holla back up your way!

vivvy said...

Spring is also the time for spring cleaning: For starting anew, for the purging and jettisoning of all the stuff you don't need, all the stuff that weighs you down, all the bullshit of your life.

Yes, this is your horoscope.

El N said...

v: Duly noted, trust me on that. I should also like to note that it is your horoscope too, sweetie. We Librans have to balance the bad with the good, do we not?

Kisses to the Mrs, she's still scared to speak to me again, isn't she? Who can blame her!

Spiky Zora Jones said...

Yo babes...that's what i love about Sping.

I would love to hear your piece on the glory of genitalia. What a wonderful idea. How would it sound with a cello? I think wonderful.

I like your frind A. I think I'll take her advise...whore it up, after all it is spring. Yummy. later babes.