5/03/2008

Communism and TAINTED MILK!

I kinda have to share this letter with you that I got from my Dad this week. I love that man, but I have to say he gets a little unhinged about the topic of smokers rights. Yes you heard me. The right to smoke. It's like his Roe v Wade.

See, I'm all for prohibiting smoking in restaurants and bars because I don't smoke and like not having to be around it to have a meal or drink. He of course is a lifelong smoker. Two worlds colliding so we go round and round about it. He clipped something out of his local newspaper this week and sent it in the mail along with a letter. I'm transcribing the letter for you word for word. Don't judge him, he just wants us to live free or die.

Hey Peanut,

April 26th - 2008 - Remember this date 28 years from now - I think by then you will look back and say what happened? We let a few city councils, county, state & government agencies make all the decisions that affect our lives. What next?

Well you can't eat this or drink that or drive that car or truck and on and on - I'm sure the word is "communism" I'm sure you have read about Japan - Germany - North Korea & Russia and others that had to live by it. Not a pretty picture but it happened.

So with all that said, I shall say no more "well maybe" on the subject. However I have decided to stay around for another 30 years to see how your generation is going to survive and handle the problems the government has decided for you.

Love ya, Dad

3 comments:

Spiky Zora Jones said...

OMG...your dad is so like my girl...she says she is going to sit back and watch us fall into a country where we are no longer free. And we let it happen right under our noses. She says.

Why, it pisses her off to no end that the taxes on cigarettes are huge and she is told where to smoke. And those places are dwindling.

I am not a smoker.

I smile and nod...and say, yes love...How about those Dodgers. How I would love to see the Dodgers play the Yankees in the World Series.

Her eyes light up...yes...yes, it would be wonderful. We should go to a night game soon.

:) Ya...gotta love her.

Anonymous said...

Hey, too bad your dad doesn't have a 'contrary attitude' like my dad who quit his lifelong smoking at age 87, cold turkey, because he got tired of being harassed by his
children who always put him out on the porch when he lit up... "Well, I'll just stop smoking, then." He did live to 102, though.

I ain't one either.

communism...community.....common good

vivvy said...

God bless your smoke-free commie heart, Peanut.