9/20/2008

I'm the pretender

Well, so another week down. It's kind of funny, but sometimes I feel like I'm scratching another mark on the wall and looking at all the lines and being secretly glad it feels like time is going fast. Like eventually I will get this over with and can move on. What I don't like, though, is that one of these days (maybe even now), I'll wish, in general, time had not gone so quickly. O, the human condition! Time, the revelator!

I had a dream last night with my people in it; we were having a party with a bunch of folks there and apparently it was a breakfast party because we were preparing things like fruit and waffles and there was beer. Like I always say, ain't no party like a pancake party cuz a pancake party don't stop. Then the dream veered off into bizarro land and I somehow was going to have sex with Michael Phelps so I could sell the pics to the paps. Yeah, I don't know. Let's not speak of it again.

So tonight I am going into the city to meet some people I don't know except for two of them and not even that well. I feel like I need to get out a bit even though I'm not particularly interested in dealing with strangers and/or people and/or both, but I am also feeling a bit restless. Restlessness always gets me in trouble and frankly, all work/no play is starting to get to me and I need something to fill the void. I miss my people and my state and space enough to be happy.

So another week down. According to special relativity, time moves more slowly if you stand still in space so the way to make it happen faster is to increase your velocity through spacetime.

It's time to increase my velocity just a bit.

No comments: