
I will be live-tweeting throughout the WINTER STORM WARNING! Oh you better believe it..

I ask for very little during the winter except an occasional snow situation, so I will be tiptoeing lightly today so as not to cause the system to push off to the east and bypass us completely. I am, as ever, cautiously optimistic.
Let's see, what else? I tweeted about making quite possibly the best fucking beef vegetable stew ever made last night. Upon having leftovers for lunch today, I have confirmed that statement. I'm not bragging, I'm just sayin' and what I am saying is this: Haters to the left, you don't even want to thrown down on my stew.
Other things:
1. Battlestar Galactica is killing me softly with Starbuck's song. Gah! That show, so good. Only three more episodes = tragedy.
2. I am almost finished with this this book. I've basically had this sitting on my bedside nightstand for like, oh, 4 years? As with most non-fictiony books, I like to read a little at a time etc etc which means I have multiple books going at once and it takes a long time to finish something, but I just discovered that I am almost done with this one. If you are into plate tectonics (like I am, hello), then you will most certainly enjoy this book. I like wrapping my head around the fact that the continental makeup of the earth has gone through at least 4 major migrations dating back as far as a billion years ago and that rocks and the elements within them are able to tell that story. What's even freakier is thinking about a time before continents were even able to form, when the earth was just a boiling mass of iron mantle and how oxygen played a major role in creating the elements and subsequent rocks, but also life. The end. Anyway, yes, it's a very good book if you're into that geek shit, which I am.
3. The work weeks have been long and I am closing in on being burned out by it all. Plus also the headaches have returned - I suspect the implants are starting to wear out and the robot brain is giving up the ghost. I turned down several social invitations this weekend because quite honestly, I just needed to tune in/turn off. Very much in need of a getaway to another country.
4. Hello, we are under a WINTER STORM WARNING, stock up supplies now!! This city will be shut down for DAYS (or until it hits 60 next weekend)!

No comments:
Post a Comment