5/03/2010

Bringing on the weather

Yes Virginia, I do have a blog that I've been too busy to update. Rest assured that will happen more often (it is hoped). I will say that since I last posted, I almost ran off to marry a 60 year old cowboy who works for the local extension office, I helped plant 75lbs of potatoes, helped build a chicken roost in the coop, and more or less have been non-stop happy/content/midwestern 24/7. Life is good.



ps. I have been trying to remember what it felt like when I lived in DC a mere two months ago, just to compare/contrast. I honestly feel like that was another country and I was another person. Since I've been here, I haven't looked back hardly at all. A story here or there about the traffic, the life, the work. I'm here now, living a life again, and it's weird to think that a place can have such a hold on you and make you happy, like flipping a switch, like opening a door, like seeing every blade of soft green grass with a new pair of glasses. That's what it feels like.

No comments: