Hello to you!
Here is what I have done today: coffee in the morning and by coffee I mean meeting the boys down to have a diet pepsi in front of the coffee shop and reading the paper, two - phone call, phone call, email email email, phone call, email email, next I came home and took a tiny nap and then I rode my bike downtown and the rest of the evening was spent socially. I'm looking forward to going to bed and doing sort of the same thing tomorrow.
Another thing that happened is my mortgage was finally approved after scanning/copying/signing every scrap piece of paper and transaction record including how many times over the past years I have slept with people I regret (5ish). Fucking prisoners clearly have had it less tedious than I have. Despite all that, I am now almost an official homeowner. The reasons I am excited about this are many but suffice to say, I cannot wait. I don't get too sentimental about too many things but I do have to say that owning my own piece of property and land feels pretty good. Also being able to do whatever I want with it without worrying about a landlord or whatever is woo hoo.
So I like my Saturdays b/c it involves sleeping in a little getting some coffee/catching up, farmers market, a little lunch and then possibly a nap. I will make all of that happen and also do work work at my office office. Wish me luck in self motivating.
Right now, that's all I have to say. I should probably start packing and planning my move but honestly, most of my stuff is still in boxes (oh hai, remember when I kept boxes in my last apt unopened for over a year?) so it will be easy. If I can get my shit together for a yard sale next weekend, I will be happy to tell you all about the colorful characters living in my neighborhood such as the guy who broke into his own apt window and ran off with stuff and on whom I summoned the cops on Monday. If not, I will try to fill you in of house details when able. I'm pretending that the next month or so is not as full of travel as it actually will be and that I don't have a million things to do. Complaining is for babies.
Also coming to a store near you: Predict how I will feel about having to return to DC in less than a month! Win prizes for my reaction to being on the Metro again! Feel the love!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment