2/24/2011

Went there, came back

Egads, I forgot to celebrate my 1 year anniversary of escaping DC last Sunday! Remember when I did that? Like a whole year ago when I gave two weeks notice at Robotech and had a moving Pod come and haul all my stuff back home to here? No more metro hell? Happy anniversary to me!

Second thing is that we had a snow storm today which, if you are counting, is merely 1 day after it was 65 degrees and sunny when my girlfriend Rachel Maddow came to town and I guess people in the bar were too loud or something and no one could hear her on the TeeVee which I relate to because I was stuck outside on the porch and couldn't hear a damn thing she was saying either but she looked good so there's that.

(Tell not my old English teachers about the previous run-on sentence. It's called 'experiential writing', Mrs. Fetters).

What else? I'm starting to have to attend more dinners and functions as "The Offical Girlfriend" which means best behavior or something. And lots of questions. So what do you do? Uh huh. How'd you meet? Dinner on Sat being a prime example. And a trip to Dallas for a family thing with parents and sister and such. I was honestly hoping to fly under the radar a bit more but what can you do.

Have I mentioned lately how much I love my bathroom? I would marry it if I could but now that the Republicans are back in charge in this state, fat chance of that. Why must they ruin everything? Soon I may have to do a news moratorium.

I think that's it. Main point: What a difference a year makes! Second point: It's all good.

1 comment:

vivvy said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! And very glad you've upgraded from Imaginary Girlfriend(s) to an Official and Presumably Real One!