I keep wondering how many more helicopters need to crash and Humvees need to be blown up before people stop all the faux-patriotic-yellow-ribbon-on-an-SUV bullshit and start demanding concrete answers and accountability from their elected officials and those fools in the White House. How many is too many?
I've been trying to limit my intake of news to a surface skimming so I know what's going on while avoiding any indepth examination/attachment to any one issue. After a while, it becomes one thing after another..war, religion, sex, money, hypocrisy, politics, bullshit. Each little hit of something irritating/infuriating adds up and I have to turn off any sense of compassion or justice just to get through it. Is this how they wear you down? Is this how scandal and injustice gets absorbed and forgotten so easily and readily by the populace? Do we have to turn off just to protect ourselves from one thing after another, one body blow, one head blow...self-preservation via tuning out?
I hate not having the strength sometimes to fight the good fight, especially when I'm already down in the count.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment