6/06/2005

Tool

I can't believe how happy my new set of Ryobis makes me. While I try to ignore supporting the sketchy corporate/political interests of Home Depot (exclusive dealer!), I have to say that the One + system of tools has me all aflutter. I got the 18v cordless drill, perfect and small circular saw, and flashlight (not so useful) set with two battery packs and charger for $99. If you by them individually (and you have to buy the battery pack and charger separate), it would cost more than that. But! Buying additional pieces where you can use the same batteries is cheaper than any other good brand. So therein lies the deal. And what the company makes in sheer volume through HD is enough to counter the lowered costs. And to be honest, Ryobi makes decent tools. Sure, they're no DeWalts, but I can't complain about the quality. Oh, those tricky Ryobi marketers. Capitalism at its finest (or worst?).

AND I wasn't content to stop at that. I also bought the awesome nailer/stapler. If they come out with a decent cordless router, I'm there. I am a tool whore.

No comments: