12/15/2005

Email much?

So in prep for my upcoming sabbatical, I thought it time to deal with my email account. My primary one for the last 6 years has been my work account and eventually, they'll find out that I'm no longer employed here and it will turned off. Naturally, over the course of 6 years, email builds up. I regularly purge sent and deleted emails, but sometimes I just keep emails for no apparent reason. A friend sent me a baby announcement; that child is now attending kindergarten. Now what was that Japanese soy sauce I wanted to know the name of? Oh, according to an email from 7/10/03, it's Hon Tsuyu: Soup & sauce base. I apparently can get it at Target. For the most part though, the emails I went through my inbox and deleted today were just back and forth conversations with friends or work folks. Stuff that didn't need to be kept but was. I have pared down my email to the essentials I believe, a reasonable amount to save to a folder and have handy when my account goes away. Here are some stats and facts to keep you totally fascinated on a Thurs:

Number of emails kept in inbox: 190
Oldest email kept: 11/5/01
Newest email kept: today, 3:09pm
Most email from same person kept: 24
That person: my boss
Next most: 12
That person: me
Most frequent subject line: "Re: Hey"
Most boring subject line: "FW: Run-time errors and subscript out of range message"
Most provocative subject line (but which in fact was not about sex): "RE: Mmm MMm!"
Total number of emails deleted in today's purge: 1076
Amount you care about above info: 0

2 comments:

vivvy said...

While I feel a bittersweet pang (sort of like when I put too much soy sauce on dumplings) at the thought of our love letters deleted into oblivion, nothing shall take away the fond memories I have. Walks on the beach, skating at Rockefeller Center (where you proposed), threesomes with Portugese sailors...

No. No, they can't take that away from me.

Spiky Zora Jones said...

Hey babydoll...I just wanted to Wish you and family a Merry Christmas and a fabulous New Year. Have fun sweetie.