3/24/2006

Coup de Ville

Perhaps you might be wondering what I've been doing the last month. Perhaps, instead, you've been wondering where you've misplaced your keys. Or maybe you have March Madness. Perhaps you have been working hard in your cubicle or office, doing very important things, maybe even saving the world, but deep down, if you let yourself think about it, you know you are pushing proverbial paper in the never-ending quest to make life matter, to find meaning in your daily existence, to know that you are doing something, anything, to pass the time between birth and death in such a way as to make waking a pleasure, or at least not a burden, and maybe it's just the simple joy of breathing or rather, the inevitable act of breathing that keeps you moving forward towards something or nothing, depending upon your viewpoint. In the end, it matters not the particulars. A great big Oooohhhmmmm, if you will. No beginning, no end.

But wait! Hark! There was a beginning and there now, finally, is an end! Infinity reborn! Reading this has occupied my last month and I hope it will yours as well. Six +/- years is but a short flicker of time to wait for the planets to align and my hero, Miss V, to complete her masterpiece. Enjoy!

3 comments:

vivvy said...

Sweetie, you are too kind! I really hope you enjoyed it.

(Perhaps you'll do some writing on your time off? Hmm? Put aside the power tools...)

Wish me luck as I embark on more grown-up writing projects that, one hopes, may get me money or into a literary feud with Jonathan Franzen. "I'll cut you, Franzenfurter! I'll cut you bad!"

Spiky Zora Jones said...

Baby doll...I've missed you something fierce. Ahh yes, that's what I have been doing too. Vivian's masterpiece is complete and again changes the way I look at the world. The world feels, smells and sounds different. God I want to have her babies, but that's the groupie in me talking.

Sweetie I have to ask...with The Devine Miss Q's completion of Coup De Grace, is there a possiblity of a sequel to From Hair to Eternity? I know it's a masterpiece and it's hard to top the best comedy ever written. I busted a gut reading it, you know. Hey, just asking. It's nice to have you back. Later babes.

vivvy said...

Divine Miss Jones, thank you for your lovely compliments. I already have more bastard children scattered around than Marlon Brando, but I thank you for your willingness to reproduce!

We would have written a sequel to "Hair" a long time ago if we hadn't sold the rights to that goddamn Mischa Barton! I blame myself. She said "Veuve?" I said "Where I do sign, darling?" I can only hope they cast Jordana Brewster as Stash.