Or why opposites attract:
Recently, one of the Agent's older female friends went to a concert (she won some tix) by a certain female singer and got backstage passes. The Agent was quite jealous; her friend reciprocated by having said singer sign a poster to give to the Agent. Soon, this poster will be hanging on some wall in close proximity, work or home office, not sure. Historical tidbit: My mom had this singer's 8-track tape and we used to listen to it on our stereo console player. Current fact: The Agent is two years younger than I am.
Who is this mystery singer? I wish I were kidding.
Now, listen, if this were someone else similar, you'd hear no complaints from me. I like cheese. But I have to draw the line somewhere in contemporary times and say enough is enough. And, frankly, enough is enough is enough is enough...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sweetie, ours is not to judge. Whatever that means. Need I remind you of your Heino phase?
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/5991/
Remember? You almost got us killed by singing "Down in the ratskeller, up in the schloss /Everyone in Deutschland knows who's boss" at that biker bar is Sioux City. You can't hide the Heino in you, darling!
You don't know Anne Murray!!!! What stone were you hiding under in the 70s? My aunt took my parents and me to one of her "concerts" in Philadelphia when I was a teenager. All I remember of it was all the gay boys bringing her bouquets of flowers afterwards (well, I think some were actually pelting flowers at her, but boys are still boys). They LOVED her, they really loved her. They must have been the Barbara Streisand rejects. Anywho, I was there in her heyday and I'm proud of it. [Viv's Partner here]
Of course I KNOW Anne Murray! We played her ALBUM all the time growing up. I'm simply saying if she got into a fight with Helen Reddy, she'd lose. Big time. Ain't no way "You needed me" is gonna beat out some "Angie Baby"..
Post a Comment