So, in honor of Win's 1 year anniversary and because I am trying to focus on good things right now, here is my top ten list of things I currently am inclined to think of positively:
10. Macadamia nuts
They are tasty and rich and the texture is divine. I'm a fan of nuts and I like turning other people on to them. So I say: Go bust a nut with Macadamias!
9. Wine in a box!
Advantages: Cost efficient/cheap, seemingly endless, doesn't spoil (at least I think), easy-pour spout made just for one's mouth if things come down to that. Disadvantages: None. Winner: Wine in a box!
8. Little People, Big World
For some reason, TLC is playing a constant stream of this charming documentary/series and can I admit something to you? I really, really totally would love to live on their pumpkin farm. That is all.
7. Bandanas
Back in the day and, you know, if I were a gay man, I'd probably wear, like, a grey bandana in my left pocket or something. Now I wear bandanas on my head because my hair is longer and gets in the way of important things. Like seeing. Or eating. So yeah, bandanas come in handy. Do you like my red one?
6. The View
So, one of the rooms in this house is small and faces the back. I set up my office there and have a desk right in front of the window. The view from that window is really nice, big tall trees and eventually, I won't be able to see the houses behind that area. It's jungle-like and the other day, I counted no less than 15 large hawk-type birds roosting way up, hanging out. The view makes me forget where I am.
5. Text messages
How did we ever survive without them? How did I ever survie without them? All I can say is thank fucking god for texts.
4. GPS units
We have one on loan from the Gov and let me tell you, I would have never made it into/out of Adams Morgan without it. However, we (and by we, I mean me) find the voice to be too naggy and bossy. I will turn left if I damn well want. I also appreciate that every Starbucks in a 100 mile radius is mapped for my mocha pleasure (I've been trying to cut down, but I am only human). I am not entirely sure that the Gov isn't tracking our every movement, but fine, yes, that was me on my way to buy crack and ho's. Sue me, Uncle Sam. Point being: GPS units are scary/great.
3. Accents
I have always been a fan of accents when someone speaks. I am a bigger fan now. There are lots of them out this way, different, new, all kinds. It makes talking to people that much better. Accents are tout a fait delicieux!
2. Baltimore Basilica
I'm not religious, but can I tell you something? This is actually quite beautiful. I imagine it was busy on Easter Sunday, the first since it was restored. I wonder if those people enjoyed how lovely it must have been.
1. Words
Again, always been a big fan, but you know, words = good. Occasionally, I am at a loss for them. Yes, it's true. I am going to try to find the right ones, the positive ones, for awhile. I've been too negative and closed for a while, so it's time to change the frame. So here are some words I like right now either because of how they sound or what they mean: ersatz, croissant, please, crocus, lascivious, pasta, thistle, hydrate, yes, spring.
4/09/2007
Top Ten Things That Currently Occupy a Positive Place in My Thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Should I say something about the ex (de Tartarus) who loved the wine in the box?
or no?
Nice Post and good on ya, mate! Imagine an accent.
I'm glad to see more cake and less crab. What is it that 'they' say, that it takes 21 repetitions or some such for something to become a habit?
Macadamias good, Pistachios better!
And surprisingly, wine in a box can go bad! But you have to be a really slow, lightweight drinker like me.
I greatly share your love of bandanas. My hair is very long and curly and I couldn't survive some days without one (especially windy ones, or when my hair gets messy from doing various ahem activities). I for one love your red one.
We have to catch up. Drop me a line sometime soon?
3from60
funny... I can almost taste those macadamia nuts...can almost hear those accents..can almost see those people solemnly going to the basilica on easter sunday...can almost feel the red bandana between my fingers.
you have such a way with words...it's like i'm there.
ps...the GPS is downright creepy though. You should try the British woman if she's in there. She actually says 'please' before ordering you around.
funny... I can almost taste those Macadamia nuts...can almost hear those accents..can almost see those people solemnly going to the basilica on easter sunday...can almost feel the red bandana between my fingers.
you have such a way with words...it's like i'm there.
ps...the GPS is downright creepy though. You should try the British woman if she's in there. She actually says 'please' before ordering you around.
ps..wow...i'm incredible...i can double and triple post while half asleep. Amazing.
Hello sweetie babes. I loved your post. Hell yeah...all is good, all is good.
I've not ever had wine from the box. Moi is more the wine bottle in the paper bag type. Something I picked up from pa pa. Ah yeah, the good old days, cheap wine and to sleep under the stars or in some cases under the bus bench. All is good though. Maybe I can just get a big huge paper bag to put the box in...hum, it's a thought. Later babes.
cheet: they don't sell wine in bottles in Ohio, do they?
anon: *cue midwestern accent* I will agree with you on pistachios if you admit they are sometimes more work than one is willing to invest. And spoiled wine in box! Mon dieu, I must drink faster. Thanks for the tip!
3/60: I also like to call them 'ban-dannies', do you? Will def get back to you, got your email.
t-c: I really admire your stamina, what with all that double and triple business! And it was the english lady that was bugging me. Though 'please' is always nice...
szj: If I start posting about the Boone's Farm or Mad Dog I'm now drinking, then you may start to worry.
furry: don't they use jugs in Indiana?
you know, i was gonna defend your right to grouse, mutter, frolic, jump for joy, and/or feel anyway you damn well please at any given moment... but I've changed my mind.
ps. speaking of words, will someone tell Blogger that 'word' != 'text string'?!
thanks for the shout-out, man!
and:
wine-in-a-box enabled me to lose my virginity, so hell yeah to that.
i have NO IDEA how we survived without text messages. I can't believe there was a time when I had a Sprint phone that required internet connection to text--when everyone else had already moved into the 21st century and could text easily from their phones--especially cause now that's like, the only way to communicate. Like, ever.
Post a Comment