Well hello there. Bonjour. Good morning. Happy Saturday. Welcome to September!
So clearly, I needed this week to fully enjoy last weekend, which meant catching up on sleep lost due to late nights and such as well as adjusting to work/life again. While I wasn't much looking forward to coming back here, it was easier after a big big dose of home (I'll tell you more about it in another post). Even after this week of hellish I-95 delays every single day, my head is still out in that big field so it's ok. I now know the secret of making it through here for a while - getting out when I can. Duly noted!
I will actually be traveling again in a couple of weeks to Chicago for work. I'll be there the whole week and while it's for business, I love that city so it's all good. I've spent many a good time there; a bunch of my friends from undergrad (fellow euchre players unite!) lived there so there were frequent roadtrips plus it was close to IN obviously so it's the Midwest, you know? I intend to go to my favorite Italian restaurant in the entire world, Tuscany on Taylor St. Definitely check it out if you're ever there. So yeah, I'm looking forward to the trip even though there will be an abundance of acronym-speak.
Let's see, what else? Thursday I wanted to go to the Black Cat and see Midlake, but I didn't want to have to drive in and go by myself. Yeah, lame excuse, but I don't know this city well enough yet to know the safe spots and plus also? Going to shows by myself, while I've done it, is no fun and in a city I'm still a little leery of makes it less appealing. Yeah, I'm lame, especially when so many good bands come through here. No excuse on my part. Go with me next time and we won't have this issue, now will we?
So the big things happening this weekend? Eyebrow wax today at noon and (hopefully) finding the Chiefs game on the tee-vee. Woo! Now that is what I call a weekend. Actually, it's good by me, I don't care to do too much so a lazy weekend works. There was some talk of going into the city later today but we shall see. I think we may catch up with our Small World Friends we met a couple of weeks ago. If beer is involved, that would be fine too. Trust me, the amount of good beer I consumed last weekend is just now wearing off, time to restock!
Finally, in completely unrelated news, we're not better, they're just differently abled. Interesting read nonetheless.
That's all for now. Goodday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Darling, I know you needed a little down time, but you were supposed to teach Britney how to dance...
I had my hands full with LiLo, sweetie. She's eating the superglue now up in Utah! I am but one person, I'm dancing as fast as I can!
Post a Comment