10/26/2007

no more birkenstocks

Dang, it's been raining here crazy for days, and the sun finally came out just now. I feel bad for the other side of the country to be sure. I am however glad that you can actually tell it's sorta fall which first of all, I like, and second, I am pretty much over the idea of summer. It lasted way too long in this Damn City. Since I've been back from the OC (ala) this week, I've been too busy at work to like even notice things like days/months/years. That whole time concept passed me by this week because it felt like the longest week in the longest year ever and (fingerquote) time (/fingerquote) became meaningless. Man. It was like the good old days of acid and mushrooms. Woodstock etc. Maybe not so much.

So this weekend I am going to attempt to get my life back in order (i.e., laundry/bills) and remember what it's like to relax, whatever that means (i.e., booze, vice). Unfortunately, part of the weekend is going to be spent doing a bit of work and also helping The Agent pack. You know how much I love packing, but thankfully for my sanity, I am not the one moving. She bought a house a bit north of here which is good; we can share custody of the dogs with minimal hassle. Heh. It's all good and the fact that she's taking a bunch of stuff makes what remains more manageable for me. Remember when I was bitching about the STUFF and THINGS and how oppressive that can be? I will have less to bitch about when I eventually move, right? Right. You know, though, it will be a bit of an adjustment, the whole official dissolution of a relationship. Dividing up stuff. It's been friendly and amicable and was primarily my idea, but this part of it, the impending finality of not living together, is kinda hitting me. It's not bad or good, it's just an adjustment. It's life. It's how this whole thing works sometimes.

So tonight I will be going with a friend of mine to a halloween party. What's scarier than a halloween party? A lesbian halloween party! The saving grace (maybe?) is that there was no mention of "potluck" and/or "bobbing for birkenstocks". You know how much I love halloween so I need not tell you how that I'm already planning on where I will be when that trick or treating thing happens. Answer: Not here.

That's it from The Crab. The more things change, the more they stay the same and that is all I have to say about that. Goodbye!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went through something very similar last spring. I was in a relationship with someone for two years, and when we broke up, neither of us was in a place to move out. We just kept living together, even sharing a room for about 12 more months. Eventually we moved to a larger house, had our own rooms, and cycled through few more roommates. Next thing I know, it's been FOUR MORE YEARS. So in the end, we spent 6 years living together. By the end, we had new girlfriends and our own cars and such, but for the first couple of years post-break up we were sharing a car and everything. We definitely didn't get along, and spent most of the time fighting about money, but at least we agreed on roommate things - cleanliness, noise level, etc.

When she finally moved out, the hardest thing to sperate were the movies, comic books (Strangers in Paradise, holla!) and video games. What a bunch of teenage boys we are. It was hard on the animals at first, but in time they forget. I'm just glad I was the one to keep them! I guess it was really time to seperate though, because I found I needed nothing bad enough to fight over - except seasons 4,5 and 6 of Buffy, which I steadfastly refused to part with because I had technically paid for them and hello those are the gay seasons. Come on now.

Lesbians are just a different breed, aren't we. We do breakups sooo much different than straight people.

-three

El N said...

360: We are a strange breed are we not? Lordy, the amount of processing that must occur. Women: both a blessing and a curse!

ps. The only disagreement we've had about things is trying to get the other person to take stuff that the other doesn't want to have to deal with. "You take that damn table/riding lawn mower/small bullshit item we bought." "I don't want that, you keep it" "I don't need it, you wanted it" etc etc infinity and beyond.

vivvy said...

Darling, remember the year you dressed up as a tampon? You looked so pristine in your white jumpsuit, with the blue string swinging so jauntily from your head...

Congratulations to the Agent on her new home. The transition will have its difficulties for both of you, I'm sure, but now you can design the house in just the way Bettina and Max envisioned!

El N said...

V: For that costume, I used Camila PB's stylist, Serge. I still wear the string hat! ps. I am removing the stairs as we speak and putting in some rocks. Minimalist, darling!