Well I know you've been waiting on pins/needles to hear how I did in Atlantic City. Frankly, I am not sure how you could deal with the suspense. Somehow you managed. You're a trooper, I've always said. And a good soldier, a tiny dancer, a crazy diamond shining on, etc etc. Go you.
And go me because I doubled up my cash with my blackjacking ability. See, you may not know this, but in the past, I've financed a new ipod and a therapy session with my cold/hard cash winnings from gambling. You know I've got the poker moves, but I also have some skills on the other tables. I'm pretty good at the whole BJ thing. And blackjack. Holla!
Where was I? Oh yes, so here is a piece of advice if you ever plan to drive to Atlantic City. Do not pay attention to your GPS or the directions on the casinos' websites. If you look at a map and go, hmm, I think I'll take 40 through southern Jersey b/c it's more direct and it's a highway, then you deserve the snail's pace that that two lane highway will allow. You will regret the choice. It will add an extra hour to your drive and you'll wonder if you're actually driving through mid-Missouri given all the small towns and cows. Who knew?
Here is another piece of advice. When you are sitting at the most minimum bet table at a casino (i.e., where each hand you're required to bet at least $15), be prepared to deal with gamblers who think they are on the World Series of Poker and who will give you lip if you don't play BJ the correct way. Now I play BJ according to the standard method (yes, there is one) and on occasion, I'll go against the probabilities and do my own thing. It's a free country. So this old guy got all lippy with me b/c I didn't double down on an Ace-8 or whatever and after a bunch of hands of his mutterings about my playing, I had had enough. I challenged him to a duel. Not really, but would have. But I did get pushed into calling him out and asking him if he was such a blackjack pro, why was he playing at the tourist/baby table with a $15 minimum when his skills clearly deserved the big boy table. And how was his adult diaper holding up? Or something like that. He shut up after awhile and I got up to walk off the irritation. I swear, gamblers are the biggest babies in the world.
Despite all that, I exercised patience and stamina and doubled up my initial investment of $200 and came away with a profit of $250 - which is a car payment I say. No complaints. And I had enough comps to get a free buff-ay dinner. Hey, I few opportunities to indulge the vices that I do have, so I say smoke 'em if you got 'em, there's time enough for countin' when the dealin's done.
So now you know and can rest easy tonight, knowing I came/saw/conquered Atlantic City. The end.
ps. Ms Snarker, we should have put some cash on the big IU/Purdue game tonight, huh?
2/19/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sweetie, remember the time we were playing Parchesi in Monaco with your arch-enemy, La Charo, and she poisoned your martini and we had to rush out to the Aston-Martin and get the defibrillator kit before you nearly died and immediately afterwards you said, "I'm peckish" and I fell in love with you while you ate too much bread?
sweetie babes...you kill me. I laughed my ass off. Ha...I'm still giggling with duel thingy.
Babes...next time let me know I'll meet you there and act as your security. Any old dude bothering you will shit his adult diaper if he hasn't already...when I get hold of him. hehehe.
Thanks for the laughs babes.
Post a Comment