Well hello to you too. So I am back in DC after a short (but painfully long) trip up to NYC. I am happy to report that I have returned with some of my sanity intact after dealing with a nightmare of a travel situation on Wed. I will not dwell on it further or bore you with details, suffice to say there is a very good reason I am living on the edge these days.
BUT! However and such as, it is Friday night which means two days to recover before I fly out again. Baby steps and small blessings, I cling to thee. Despite all of the above and other such nonsense, I am surprisingly in slightly slightly better spirits than last weekend at this time. Again, baby steps. That sad sac of wine is still in my frig waiting to be finished, and I will do so this weekend, but I do so not out of a need to dull every sense possible and blot out all coherent thought, but out of the simple joy of knowing that I only have two more trips to make and then I am DUN for awhile. I have carved out a week in July in which I will leave this city and all cities and go back to the Midwest to see only my people and grass and space and open roads and such. TFG is what I say to that.
So I have my dogs back and I am going to do what I assume normal people do on the weekend which will be to chill the fuck out. I hope yours is a good one too, don't hit that wine sac too hard = pay for it later. Goodday!
ETA: It's good to know that should I find myself floating dead in the Potomac right by where I work, Wonder Woman will find me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Darling, what did I tell you about giving the public my lady measurements? Repeat after me: 36-24-32.
Too bad I'm an anonymous lurker. Or we might have met up in my fine city of New York.
AL
AL: See, there are some drawbacks to being anonymous. The first round of drinks would have been on me. (Alas, I was actually up in White Plains; I don't know how I feel about that either)
Post a Comment