Let us just say that as a consequence of being in Kentucky for much of the week, the following is true:
1. I am now sick, like with a head cold
2. I seem to have a knack for finding free booze
3. I am apparently a cougar
Let me back up. I'm not actually a cougar, the feeling isn't mutual. I hate to break it to the two young 24 year old Kentucky boys hitting on my (older) friend and I, but I'm no Demi (and hello, they definitely aren't my type). Here is a sample of the lines that were thrown our way and no I am not kidding:
"Girls our age aren't interesting to talk to, they're not deep like you probably are"
"I've always been a feminist, objectifying women simply perpetuates gender stereotypes about men and women"
"I'm more interested in getting to know you as a person, but if you offered, I'd go back to your hotel room"
Needless to say, we did not offer. But I do have to give them props for trying. My friend was like "I am old enough to be your mother, are you crazy?" And granted, if I had pulled a Juno, I probably could have been their mom too which is really starting to freak me out about now. Age ain't nothing but a number = what I am trying to tell myself.
And with that, I am off to watch that way old guy debate the young guy. Good times!
ps. And a special happy bday shout-out to my favorite cougar and fellow Libran, Miss Vivian Darkbloom without whom I am nothing. Darling, I'll always bust you out of Betty Ford with a bottle of Stoli and a blunt from your homies. Did you receive the pair of thong panties I had LiLo sign for you?? What I had to go through to get them, you will not want to know. May they keep you warm at night, sweetie! Hope your bday was grand!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sweetie, thank you so much for the birthday wishes and the LiLo thong! I think we'll add them to our living room window display along with the giant sunflowers and bottle of Jagermeister.
I'm not surprised to hear about those Kentucky boys, I've always known you've still got it going on...I mean, hello, those Obama people were all over us when we brunched in Dupont Circle! You know they don't hit on just anyone! Yes, we are much like the ladies of Sex & the City:
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/4723cf452c
I shall always be the Sally Struthers to your Bea Arthur, darling, because I'm not deep like you probably are.
p.s. My hipster wine store now has wine in a box--more specifically, malbec in a box!
p.p.s. Maybe you should finish off that wine in a pouch in your fridge, it might help with the head cold. It would be like drinking Vick's Vapo Rub.
Post a Comment