Also with all those short squat buildings in DC, you really can never tell where you are by looking around, which for a reluctant transplant means you just kind of walk around until you hit a street with a letter on it or a number and see if it matches up to your shitty mapquest directions. No point of reference whatsoever in that city and tall buildings are all outside of the city limits in Reston or wherever. Because people just love walking around the quaint downtown of Herndon gazing up at the architecture of an SAIC building or the beauty of a Lockheed Martin masterpiece.
Not going to keep dumping on DC (at least not anymore in this post!), but I am appreciating the skyline of Chicago and of course my favorite restaurants and I have a few people here too which helps. Too bad the trip is quick, but at least I got to take a shitty blurberry photo in the cab on the way back after dinner last night:

At least here, I always know where I'm at - in more ways than one.

2 comments:
I like Chicago too.
Sweetie, the photo reminds me of the work you did in your Gray Period, where you would take your silver gelatin prints and smear them with scrapple. The joint exhibition with Stash was quite the succes de scandale!
Hello sweetie babe. I've not ever been to Chicago, but I love the Cubbies. Though not as much as my Dodgers.
Are you having fun?
I hope your Thanksgiving Day was fabulous.
Later sweets.
Post a Comment