Briefly, this is the view from my fancy hotel room:

You know how much I love Chicago, my favorite Midwestern big city. Good times have been had here by me for sure. (Old skool holla: Anyone remember the secret knock to the Whip Room? I'll be there at 5am dontcha know).
I'm headed out here in a few to meet up with a friend of mine from back in the day. Knowing him, it will be a late night. And back in the day, I was much more youthful and able to handle activities like drinking Miller Lite all night, playing Euchre, and listening to the Replacements turned up to 11 - now? Maybe not so much, but I shall do what I must. Luckily, my meeting doesn't start until noon tomorrow so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for no throwing up. A girl can dream.
ETA1: So here we are out and about. My old buddy could not handle the pressure very well since he had been out all last night so it was an early night with no throwing up. I'm in the lower left corner, that's he and his gf otherwise. Good times and lots of good wine I do have to say:

ETA2: Well, this trip seems to have lasted forever/day. I'm headed back tomorrow morning - I have a whole week of no travel to maybe find that box containing that thing that I've been looking for. I was less than meticulous with the labeling it seems. So yes, Chicago, the Midwest, drove south of the city for a bit and found some cornfields. Plus also loving the fact that there's been some great storms:

Back to the grind. Tell me you miss me..

3 comments:
Beautiful picture to treat the eyes from a place of fun...of a place from your younger days.
Home early? Well the good thing is you didn't spill out the Miller lite from the night before. When I did or do...I feel like I'm upside down.
You don't need to go with plan 'A'...when you have plan 'B'. :D
Later babes.
I miss you
I miss you right back
Post a Comment