4/15/2008

Hi from Tampa!

I need not remind you that saying Hi in Tampa is very similar to greeting each other in you know where. Yeah, that never gets old and trust me, I plan to link to that every single opportunity I get, which will be many BTW.

So yes, I am now in Florida and I have to say, who does not love an orange? No one and those who do, well, I have nothing left to say to them. How can you make a screwdriver without one is my question. The answer = you can't, case closed and end of story.

I'm here until Friday and one thing I have learned about traveling is that 1) it makes your days blur together to the point where you are no longer sure if you are coming/going and/or what the actual day/date/time is anymore and 2) if you are getting older as I tend to do every year, the change in pressure from flying swells up joints and more specifically my knee which I have never had any issues with and you begin to hobble a bit like you never did before and it reminds you that you are one more step closer to death and as a result, you become living proof of terror management theory and start to hate anyone who is not you. Not that I hate people, but you know.

Not sure where I was going with that, but hey, I am in the land of oranges so what can you do? I do have to say that (non-sequiturorially) as much as I love the Pope, I am glad not to be in DC right now dealing with the Masses. Yes, that's all I got in the way of Pope-jokes. Lame yes. Anyway, apparently it will be a logistical and commuter nightmare that I am thankful to his Father that I am not there to have to deal with. Plus actually, no offense, but not such a fan of the P so I kinda lied about the love. Feeling more ambivalent about him in general if I must put a word to it. And this concludes possibly all I have to say about Ponty.

It is clear that my swollen knee and the vodka tonic and Florida are conspiring to make me have a wee touch of the WTF-pergers so I shall end this now before more damage is done. Rest assured, there will be some ETAs while I'm here with blurry Blackberry pictures of what I can only hope and pray is an actual orange. I will find one for you and photo it - or if not, something equally exciting if that is at all possible which at this point, I have my doubts.

And with that I bid you goodnight!

ETA1: I did a bit of googling this morning over my knee condition and with the help of a wonderful medical site and this amazing picture below, I have self-diagnosed:



I clearly have a pail of water lodged in my knee and only your steady hand and patience can help. Are you up to the task?

ETA2: I think this is an approximate outtake from that vid re: living/loving/fighting/fucking - like aren't there palm trees and such? Women on motra-cycles in tight dresses with mustaches etc?



ps. They pour strong drinks in Tampa I have found - attempts to minimize typos proving difficult therefore goodnight!

No comments: