4/27/2008

This is how we operate

So I am back and I can barely manage to do anything but make playlists on itunes and do laundry. Since I moved in weeks ago, I have only really been in the apt like a total of 5 days? I really haven't unpacked much as evidenced by my living room:



Compare that to the pix I took right when I moved in here. It's sad. I still have not found that thing I was looking for in that one box that is not labeled. Same old story, but when I get back from going here/there, the last thing I want to deal with is that pile of boxes. Like what the hell is in there?? What is all that shit? Next thing I know, I start getting oppressed by my STUFF again and I can't deal. I'd much rather take the dogs out for a walk and smell the flowers. Which I did today as well.

So what am I whining about again? Oh yes, as a result of said conditions, my frig is in a sorry state of affairs. Check it:



The contents are as such:

Diet Pepsi hello
2 bottles of tonic water
1 Coors Light (that I will open shortly)
2 leftover pasta dishes
1 ham steak that I may never cook how long have I had it again?
2 apples
1 half wedge of romano cheese
4 flour tortillas

The most important point being the lack of cold alcoholic beverages which may be the only thing that propels me out of this apt and down to the Whole Foods. That is also sad. What is sadder though, is that I will probably just say fuck it and make due with vodka tonics b/c that would be a bad thing how? See, that is why I like Sundays: I love Jesus but I drink a little. <--- that never gets old either IMO.

Bright side: I have a whole entire week to settle in a bit before I have to travel again. And then a week after that, a left coast trip with the Canadian Drummer = thank god.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Left Coast Trips... tell me you're going to make it out here this summer for a game. Come on. Admit it. Your Drummer is familiar with my particular area (Olympia) and you know you're dying to see the new look Storm beat up on somebodyanybody... Come on. Let's just put it in the book now and get it over with.

El N said...

360: I was just thinking about you the other day, I've been remiss re: emailing (= story of my life). You know how much I want to catch the Storm this year..not sure if I can work it, but I'm going to try. Maybe near the middle/end of the summer. And if so, def a beer contigo is in order!

Anonymous said...

End of summer is cool... post-Olympics would be best, because pre-Olympics LJ may be missing a couple of games and you surely wouldn't want to come then. Speaking of that fine woman, check out this recent video. She's really rocking that white tank top and looking better than ever doing it.

http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/730report/av/podcast/20080429-730-jackson_video4.wmv

I completely understand if you can't make it though, and promise not to be a big jerk about it. Now that they're staying put, there's plenty of time, though who knows how long this particular group will stay together.

And don't you mean 'defintely a cerveza contigo'?

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add... no worries about the lack of e-mails - I'm an awful e-mailer as well, and I keep up with ya by reading this very blog. As for me, let's just sum up that life is great - don't love my job but I don't hate it either, my wonderful girlfriend has moved in with me and we're having a fun time playing house, and the season is about to begin. Good times out here. Good times.