1. Coincidentally, the Flaming Lips are going to be in DC for an Earth Day show on Sunday. I would go but for two things - it's on the Mall one and two, it would be the straw that broke the camel's back if I were forced to deal with that many people at this point. I am obviously at a breaking point wrt the need for space so hello, know thyself. They are apparently streaming it online anyway so there are options.
2. As you may know, I just got back from a trip to Rochester, NY. I was there about a year ago during the lilac festival. This trip was particularly draining due to a variety of factors (e.g., the non-stop good cop/bad cop routine, two stories about what went wrong/why/who is to blame, the ten thousand drinks I had in the hotel bar afterward as a result). You know, these cities I visit are not bad places (with the exception of Fresno, sorry) so the travel has been ok in that respect. The downside is the amt of energy it takes to 'travel' and then 'work'. I am done with work travel until June so that's good. I will also stop whining and bitching on this blog soon, I promise. I am getting tired of doing that as well. No wonder I slept like 12 hours of the last 36.
3. It is hockey playoffs right now, did you know? Aber hallo, there is a whole country pinning their hopes/dreams on a favorable outcome so I think we need to show a little support to our neighbors to the north. And surprise, some of us may actually be Canadian and not know it!
4. Speaking of other good things, I have made travel plans of the actual vacation variety which makes everything all better. In three weeks, I'm going back to my favorite state with my people and I will slow down to a normal pace and I will do nothing but soak in a big sky and enough room to breathe. This will help X 100.
5. It's going to be sunny and 77 today so I am taking the dogs to the Potomac and the woods for a good walk. That will also help X 100.
That is all. Good day!
ETA: Pictures from my day, in chronological order and roughly entitled (as a set) - Snakes! Dog! Beer!:



1 comment:
Hi sweetie babe. I like the dog and beer part. :D
Ciao.
Post a Comment