4/06/2009

Was it really that bad?

So I'm traveling again. Tomorrow. I spent most of last week in Atlanta which was equal parts exhausting/familiar. I've been to Atl a bunch in the past and one of the last times I was there, I learned the very hard lesson that you cannot have your cake and eat it too. So you know, Atlanta tends to remind me of a woman, naturally. I am pretty sure we drove by where she lived, but who can remember those details anymore. My big mistake was being just a little too young to know the score. Ah well, lesson learned.

So what was my point? Traveling? Being tired? Something like that. I'm off to Oklahoma City and the cities are all starting to blend together over the past year. Friday when I got to Reagan after that never-ending week in Atl, I just could not deal with people. I still am having trouble. It's like, when you are confronted with strangers constantly, having to look at them or hear them talk, you just get overloaded by the mere fact of humanity. Or maybe that's just me. And coming back here where there are so many and except for probably about a couple dozen of those millions, I know none of them. So it's not like coming back home to someone familiar, it's constantly coming back home to a million strangers whose faces and bodies just kinda intrude, you know? Plus it's tourist season here. Plus I'm feeling existential. Plus work is stressful. And I've been sick and the headache never goes away. Plus I just miss open sky and grass. So it goes.

So Oklahoma City, be kind.

No comments: