8/16/2009

End of the summer = pesto

So easy, so good.

1 cup basil
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup parmigiana reggianno
1/3 cup pine nuts
2 cloves garlic
salt/pepper

Mix in blender/chopper type thing.

1 package of tortellini and/or any other pasta you like. Mix with pesto. The end.



Was originally going to include tomato and zucchini but decided that nothing needs to be added to pesto.



Can always double the recipe if you want to make more, but you know a little pesto goes a long way. I've still got some leftover after mixing in with my pasta. And you can freeze it too. My friends back home planted 60 basil plants in their garden and no I am not kidding. I'm sure they're making batches of pesto for the winter right about now.

1 comment:

vivvy said...

Love pesto. It's been a long time since I have made it myself (the Cuisinart died).