12/25/2009
Yule feel better in the morning
I am burning a nutmeg candle in this two bedroom apartment in DC and it doesn't smell like Christmas or feel like Christmas. There is still snow on the ground and I do have a place to go later today, with friends, for some kind of eating/drinking situation so there is that. There are no lights or trees or single strands of tinsel that they probably no longer sell because of some lawsuit brought by an unfortunate death. I kind of miss helping untangle lights to find the one bulb that is the partypooper and replacing it with one that shines brighter than the rest. A red one for sure. I wrapped some presents for a family of three girls, adopted by our group for the holidays. Hannah Montana is still apparently a thing. As is pink. I suppose the good thing is that there isn't a family dinner where once again I am designated dish washer and we all drink because it made it more bearable to be around each other. No more after gift opening goodbyes thinking 'well, what do we do now?'. One of these days I'm going to get Christmas back or make it into something a little bit better/different.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That is poetic, and sad and heartbreaking and strangely captivating at the same time. I hope an excellent xmas can be just as beautiful and vivid.
Post a Comment