1/12/2010

Singing morphine alarms out of tune

Fine fine, no one wants to admit that they'd buy a vegetable garden. Whatever. Denial is sad.

More importantly, does anyone want to admit that they are traveling to Kentucky and Ohio this week/weekend? No? Well fine, I will. Do not knock the south/rust belt states please. It shall be a combo of work and cooking and drinking and hottubs and fireplaces and etc. Frankly, I do not think there are any other states in the country that can beat that potential so there.

What else? I blew off a 2 hours "webinar" today after the first hour. You would too if it went on until 6pm and you had heard it all before and you were running late for dinner plans. I feel no guilt.

I also am not going to speak about the Metro of late because I have nothing good to say except that it's why people in this city are so serious/cranky/mean, myself included. Major issues with commuting these days so therefore I shall dream about a day (maybe soon) when I can ride my bike to work. I am also dreaming of alot of things lately that do not involve this city and all of these people. No one finds your own dreams interesting so I will not tell you about the dream I had this morning where I had this cool watch that had a doppler radarfunction on it and so I could see the line of storms coming right before I got caught in a major downpour. You tell me.

This will lift your spirits:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a terrific writer (found your blog on the serendipitous "next" function). I, however, refuse to believe in the existence of the word "webinar." Even in quotation marks it is an offense to all that is right and beautiful about language. Just sayin'

Hope you write more,
your drive-by fan

El N said...

Hey there - nice to hear from you. I appreciate the kind words. And sadly, 'webinars' are an all too real occurrence in my current situation. To amuse myself, I sign on using an alias name - Anastasia Beaverhausen. No one ever notices.

January said...

OMG, I have not laughed this hard in a long time. I am so glad I popped back to see if you'd posted again. Sadly, I personally cannot imagine even imagining how to spell Anastasia Beaverhausen let alone signing on as she, such are the limits of my sense of daring.

Still your drive by fan.