Ah, well so I was going to do a little video travelogue for you wherein I took you with me to visit DC's Western Market yesterday and then to the Eastern Market today so you too could experience a bit of market business. So armed with my camera and supplies, I headed into DC yesterday on what was quite possibly the hottest day of the year (at least until this Wed when it will actually be 100). Good times walking around the city in the sun/heat. So I got off at the Dupont Circle metro stop and decided I needed a beer before the walk. Then I hiked up about 8 or 9 blocks into Adams Morgan to see for myself what this Western Market was all about. I am sad to report it was only about 5 tented booths with a few knickknacks. In other words: a bust. I said fuck it and stopped videoing for you all and stopped at a cute little place french bistro-y type place near there for mimosas. I met a fellow newly-moved-here lesbian and off we went for more drinks. While out, we met this smarmy energy lobbyist we thought was gay but he was just overly tan and dressed gay-ly. Good times. I now have a headache to show for my trip to the market. But I have now made a new wingwoman/drinking partner to go out and about with so all was not lost.
Today, the agent and I are headed to the Eastern Market which promises to be like an actual market with you know, more than 4 booths. It's an actualy stop on the Orange/Blue line so I figure they can't lie too much about it being a real market. Wish me luck though, I've been wrong before. Like yesterday for instance. Hope your Sunday is progressing nicely. Goodday! Or as they say in Sweden: Tjadå!
ETA: Well, two things. First, we didn't make it to the Eastern Market. We were derailed at Chinatown due to the agent needing to throw up. Woo! We never did figure out the cause but we didn't want to chance a further metro trip to the market and potential public barfing so we hung out a bit at Gallery Place until things were settled enough to make it back home. Doesn't that sound fun? Oh well, to be honest, I was give-or-take-it wrt checking out the market. I can't quite believe I actively chose to go into the city both weekend days when I can barely make it through the week with all those people. Go me. I've spent the rest of today napping and chilling out which is pretty much a perfect Sunday (if it were football season, then it would be perfect, which, I realize, makes me a total lesbian, fair enough).
Random interlude: And I called vivvy and the Mrs last night! Yet we conversed not about boobies! Upon review, why not?!
Second thing: I wasn't going to post the two videos I took yesterday b/c they are gay and also I didn't really follow through with that whole document-the-market thing since I gave up after the second one and started drinking (lest you think all I do is drink and purchase hookers, let me assure you that in my off time, I often work for world peace and custom knit baptismal onesies and bonnets for small woodland creatures; it's what I do). However, I would hate to think that VJJ is out there waiting and wishing and hoping to see these way-gay vids and I disappoint. So here you go:
1. Wherein I attempt to draw a comparison between ascending the Metro and a bright-light-at-the-end of the tunnel near death experience and fail lamely.
2. A stop off at my throw-down bar for a pre-market beer. And by throw-down, I mean default and by market, I mean 4-lame-craft-booths-with-macrame-and/or-pottery-(no-offense-to-the-"artists"-who-are-at-least-trying-to-get-a-market-going).
8/05/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
looking forward to the video blog...i was going to do a imix for you, but i could only choose the songs i purchase from itunes...which is very limited...yes i steal from limewire...do you listen to podcast?...if you wish for some funny entertainment check out...2 homos, lesbian lounge (gayinternetradiolive.com), drink 'til we're funny and dykedrama...but be careful on the train my may laugh out loud and get people looking at you....
VJJ: I posted the videos just for you ;) Also, I live for a good podcast so thank you! I will most def check them out. ps. I also hate the iMix deal where it will ignore your stuff, I find it does that mostly with obscure music I copy directly from CD into itunes. It's a capitalist conspiracy I tell you..
Darling, we were thrilled to be sober-dialed! It was lovely to hear from you, as always. Next time we'll discuss boobies, I'm sure.
You know, I tried to create an iMix for you too a couple weeks ago, and it didn't work for the abovementioned capitalist pig reasons. Bastards.
Hope the Agent is feeling better...
thank you so much...hope you enjoy the podcast
Viv: Fingers crossed that third time's a charm for Lohan! If she can do it, we can too!
VJJ: Oh yes, I subbed up for DykeDrama and have listened to the first two podcasts so far. It's perfect for my commute! Love it (and yes, have laughed out loud on the metro several times)..thanks for the rec. Once I get through those, I'll check out the others to be sure..
Sweetie babes...I love your voice. Really.
Hey the vid...not so lame. I liked it but more so, I was just listening.
Post a Comment