8/09/2007

Waiting with my Aunt Rosaline

I'm so currently obsessed with this song by this band that I have snuck onto blogger from work to mention it.

We like the newness, the newness of all
That has grown in our garden soaking for so long

Whenever I was a child I wondered what if my name had changed into something more productive like Roscoe
Been born in 1891
Waiting with my Aunt Rosaline





The whole album is fantastic and to be honest, it was the only thing that kept me sane this morning with the greenline/redline/orangeline delay from hell cram packed into a steaming metro. I went into my bubble and pretended humans ceased to exist on earth, something I've also been thinking about on my train ride lately for some strange reason, hmm. I listened to a podcast with that author and read the story (want the book) and have been imagining this city crumbling and overgrown. The thought of nature and trees and grass and water just breaking down all this bullshit and reclaiming the land sounds good to me in a weirdly it's-ok-humanity-is-overrated-anyway way. Heh.

This is what a day like today and yesterday in this damn city will do to me. My own personal saving grace is that I have two trips planned in the upcoming weeks far far away from here that will restore my faith in what I love most about people and balance me the fuck back out. You have no idea how much I need these trips (well, actually, you probably do). Until then, I'm going to think about honeysuckle covering the metro fences, pulling them down, the Potomac washing away the concrete, tree roots breaking through walls and green green grass overgrown and waving in the wind.

2 comments:

Spiky Zora Jones said...

Sweetie babes...I like Midlake. I think I'll grab it on the way home. I'm picking up Orson too.

I do especially like Rosco and Young Bride.

Yeah you have to get out of town sometimes. I'll be vacationing on a huge ship next week.

I'll be sitting by the pool in a bikini, wearing sunglasses and drinking martinis and maybe a few of those fruity drinks with colorful little umbrellas. I am so ready.

Later babes.

vivvy said...

I like the second song/video.

Darling, you know that the rolling, verdant hills of Promises will always be open to you, as well as to me!