9/18/2007

sweet home chicago

Ah Chicago..who doesn't love this city? So I'm here for work, getting ready for a bunch of day long meetings. I considered liveblogging it for you, you know like how Wonkette et al liveblog shit like senate hearings and whatever. However, dang it, I forgot to create an acronym glossary for you all and well, really, if you can't have easy access to what PBC means, then that ruins all the fun. Because quite honestly, there is nothing in this world that contains more entertainment value than PBC. Seriously. It is going to be RIVETING! and I'm sorry you all can't share that with me. I will, however, post periodic updates about this and that while I'm here. You will be at the edge of your seat.

Instead, you can share the awesome view I have from the 13th floor of this swanky fancy hotel. The room alone was worth the trip. Take a look out that window...can you see all those people down there, the horizon? It's nice, isn't it? Wish you were here.

5 comments:

Spiky Zora Jones said...

Sweetie babes, aren't those all day meetings exciting? I can catch up on my sleep.

I don't have many of those anymore and that's fine with me...though today I am at work for about 12-13 hours and most of it spent in a meeting room.

Wish I could go to Chicago. Hey isn't Chicago the home of the Twinky?

Later babes...

vivvy said...

Are you going to a Cubs game, darling? No, really!

For Va Jay Jays Only said...

fill yourself up with vienna beef hotdogs, pizza and some nice cold beer...chicago is my home town...only i don't love her in the winter time

El N said...

szj: When I was a kid, I ate a Twinky while I was sick and promptly threw it up. That was the last time I had a Twinky. Let that be a lesson to you about the dangers of drugs. Or dark alleys. Or global warming. Or being hung over.

viv: The place I'm staying at has a Harry Carrey restaurant and frankly, I am not sure why a blind old man who couldn't hold a tune and who is also dead should have a restaurant or bar. It does explain the quality of the food, however.

vag: Can I call you vag? All the food they've been serving at this conference is completely and totally about the whole Midwestern meat and potatoes thing. Even I felt the need to have a salad last night just to put a layer between the sausage and the german potato salad. ps. The Chicago accent is alive and well, it's great!

For Va Jay Jays Only said...

yes you can...harry carrey was a party animal...always had a drink in his hand...haha on the accent...yes we do talk funny