10/06/2007

hooray hooray

Update.

1. Car is totaled, I said my goodbye today. Alas poor yorrick, it was sad.

2. I have recovered from the hangover I had this morning. That final double Stoli and tonic was probably not the best idea. However, I did discover a surefire way to sleep on the Metro. Key: Having a full seat to yourself on which to lay horizontal.

3. Hey V, where did we ever come out on that poll re: corduroy? I bought two pair the other day and LOVE them. They fit like jeans and are v comfy. Faded brown and faded black. Seriously, where have corduroys been all my life?

4. Finished Harry Potter and must say that I was disappointed with the ending. It didn't feel right for some reason. It was riveting yes, but it just felt abrupt. Like I wanted better wrap-up (and I don't consider the epilogue to be sufficient). I don't know..may need to re-read the last couple of chapters again.

5. My strai friend A needs to get laid sometime this year so she will stop whining to me about it all the time. Seriously, how hard is it, she's cute and frankly, if you are a straight woman, hello, the options are almost endless. Granted, it is wise to be a bit discriminating but A limits her choices to a small sample: athletic black men in KS. There are like, two. She needs to expand that circle a bit if you ask me. ETA 2: Guess what!? I talked to A last night and she had apparently gotten some action the very night I posted this lament. I feel like maybe I had a hand in that a bit in some cosmic way, like I inspired a black athletic man in KC to proposition my friend and she followed through. Maybe I have the superpower of prophecy? Or the power to get people laid? Line forms to the left, no pushing please!

6. I have nothing left to say that has not been said before.

ETA: Oh and you must check out this HI-larious Amy Sedaris apperance on Martha Stewart. It's a winner. (ps. My favorite Amy-Martha moment was when they were on Letterman together and Amy taught Martha how to make grilled cheese "like they do in prison" (e.g., with an iron). It was quite ironic b/c like the next year, Martha was destined to put that skill to use. Pure comedy gold)

3 comments:

WordNerd said...

Isn't Amy Sedaris the funniest person in the world? Just when I think I can't love her more, she makes cheeseballs with Martha Stewart.

Thanks for the note re: Voepel. She's badass. As for Sue Bird, hell yes. I interviewed her a few times a several years ago, and let's just say it was difficult to form coherent sentences.

vivvy said...

The corduroy poll was quite positive, as I recall. So let us stand united in love of said fabric! Indeed, let us join The Corduroy Club! And did you know a possible etymology of corduroy is corde du roi--the cloth of kings? Yes, suck it, anti-corduroy bitches.

Alas, poor Honda. Or whatever it was...I'm not so good with cars. (I trust the Agent is feeling contrite...maybe you could put her on anal sac duty indefinitely.) I hope you get a hybrid, sweetie.

El N said...

word up: My only complaint with Amy is that I tried her green bean recipe from her book and it tasted like complete shit. I may just have to stick with her decorating ideas instead. You can't go wrong with ghost napkins! ps. Fiesty little point guards = yum in my book, no doubt.

viv: I'm hanging out today in my underwear in celebration of Columbus day. I do have to say I would consider corduroy panties should those ever be made available. And yes, the agent feels awful so there will be a little cash settlement to put down on the next Honda I purchase. I've all but decided to go with an Accord. And as much as I'd love to go with a hybrid, I'm not wanting to lay down that much cash. If you want me out of this Dumb City, I gotta be $-savey (and savvy). Don't worry, it won't cost us much in gas to drive the Mrs to rehab..surely that PhD program has driven her to drink and drugs by now, yes?