Well hello. Clearly I have been attempting to just get through this holiday in this city by myself. Yes, poor orphan Annie me. Instead of wallowing in self-pity and being all sad (because, as Audrey once said, there's nothing worse than a sad lesbian - except a sad lesbian clown), I have elected to move through this holiday the old-fashioned way: booze. Nothing gets you through the day better than a dab of wine or beer or vodka or the bottle of Patron I splurged on. Lest you think this sad, let me just tell you that I've been having a HI-larious time. And truthfully, when I used to go home for Xmas, my sister and I were often drinking because seriously, who didn't/doesn't need to drink to get through the holidays? Surely it's not just me and everyone I know, right?
Anyway, point being: good times, good times. You can't spell dysphoria without dysfunction, am I right? I am. So thus, I am attempting to make it through until next weekend when I am headed back to sanity in the great midwest for a dose of my people and open spaces on New Years Eve. Yes Virgina, there is an end in sight soon enough. Until then, we do what we must.
Hope yours is a good one, whatever it might be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
i'm freaking working 6 pm til 3 am...damn i need a drink...drink one...no make it three for me...lol
vaj: not a problem, trust me!
Heck, drinking is a time-tested holiday tradition. I mean, tis the season to be jolly, after all.
Oh, and I happen to be heading back to the vast midwest next weekend, too. Look out red states, we're a comin'.
p.s. Oh, and merry merry and all of that good stuff. Cheers.
Ms. Snarker, by my calculations, we should pass each other somewhere over St. Louis. Nothing says the midwest like (Phyllis) Schlafly beer and fried ravioli. Give a holla over the arch and ring in the new year like I will: lying in a pool of what you HOPE is your own filth. Good times, good times..
ps. Is it obvious that someone spent their Xmas watching a few seasons worth of Strangers w/ Candy reruns? Nice camel toe, Tammi!
Post a Comment