Hello to you. Have you recovered from the blizzard that affected 2/3rds of the country but completely missed us with just a few rain showers? I want to be in the path of a blizzard again. Just FYI.
Let's see, what else? I think last time I posted I was in the grip of a bout of insouciance re: my fellow man, myself, and everyone I know. I am slowly pulling myself out of that by focusing on a tiny little light at the end of an east coast tunnel. Also scotch. We all have our coping mechanisms. I am hoping real soon to make something good happen.
(Hint: I *may* be called upon to service the ladies of Lilith Fair. Again. Yes, it's true - I was once the concubine on tour, being passed back and forth like a joint between Amy Ray and Natalie Merchant. Oh the sights I saw! So you can imagine my surprise to hear from the Canadian via parcel post. No, not that Canadian, the other one. You may have assumed Ms. McLachlan was busy raising babies and doing whatever else it is she does when not singing, but no. She has been ever steadfast in wooing me back on tour all this time. There is a reason it took 10 years for LF to happen again. I have a long memory and my experiences with Rickie Lee Jones haunt me to this day. After my class action suit on behalf of myself and several woodlawn animals was settled a few months ago, I felt ready to hit the road again. No artist would agree until I was placed firmly in the tour rider and so it came to pass. A new generation of young lesbians can now experience the wonders of unfettered estrogen that LF brings due to my generosity and/or many skills. No need to thank me, I know.)
I apologize for going on, it has been a long day of planning to quit my job and daydreaming about my life elsewhere. I also played a shitload of Texas Hold Em on my iPhone, if you must know. I am now in what could be called Senioritis wherein I have ceased to care about this thing they call "work" and this "job". I am counting the days! You shall be the first to know if it comes to pass or if I must place myself in front of the Metro!
Until then, here is a song that you will like:
Crocodile - This Town Needs Guns
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh darling, must we go through Lilith Fair again? You know too much estrogen throws my chi out of balance. And think of all the yeast infections you had. Enough to bake bread for the entire DC metro area. Besides, I still have scars, literally, from when I had to break up the Shawn Colvin-Lisa Loeb fight over you.
But I just bought a new crystal pendant and case of patchouli :(
Post a Comment