Ah, the new WNBA season is upon us. With sweet deference to my dear Miss V, nothing breaks the monotonous and stupifying boredom of non-stop major league baseball coverage better than a bit of summer basketball. Now, I like sports as much if not more than the average person, but baseball has never held my interest, even when I've attended live games. I mean, a stadium hotdog can do only do so much for me but for a 9 inning game? Aye, I'd rather watch the grass grow. But enough of this baseball talk..
So the opening games I did watch were hardly what I would call thrilling. Now I'll watch any amount of women's basketball (college or pro) no matter what, but after 9 seasons, I expect more than say 30% fgp. Sure, it's just the first game and there are lots of extenuating circumstances for why teams are not at their best, but lordy. My Seattle Storm looked like one of those popup thunder clouds we sometimes get out here. You think it's going to be a good hard storm, but then *poof*, it's gone. This LJ at the 3 experiment is only going to work if they get a decent center. Simone, god love her, needs to get out of there. And frankly, even when they do get a decent center (like Batgirl), if LJ's only going to sit outside and throw up 3s, forget it! I know she's good, but I miss my Aussie gal down low in the post, banging and beating Leslie (dirty!). I can only hope they make the right adjustments..I truly was surprised that even Sue seemed off-kilter in that second half. Oh well, first game and all, but losing like that to the Sparks and west coast rival is NOT representing. Don't make me come out there!
Also watched a bit of the SASS/Houston game..poor local gal Kendra Wecker went out of her first pro debut with a torn ACL. Also watched a bit of the Phoenix/Sacto game. While I really really like basketball and will watch any game that is actually televised, those all were four teams I might possibly care the least about. Still, gotta support my gals. Besides, I'm sure there was some baseball game on that I cared even less to watch...but for Vivvy, I'll give a shout out to those steroid boys she loves so much. Go Yankees!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thanks for the support, sweetie. You gotta love the Glimmer Twins (A-Rod & Jeter). But your humble (i.e., worst team in MLB) Royals beat us last night! Woe.
Post a Comment