8/29/2005

WNBA playoffs

Here I was all excited because I was going to get to see the Storm in the playoffs (assuming it went to 3 games) while I was in town. Today, I recheck the playoff schedule and see that IF it goes to 3 games, the third game would be on Sept 3rd, Sat. I had thought it was going to be on Sept 4th, Sun. Well fuck me running, but Sept 3rd is the day of the wedding and the whole reason I'm going to be in town. Thus, no chance of going to the game at all. I shudder to think how Bird and LJ are going to do without me in the stands as they have been counting on. It would make me feel better if they just win it in two games against Houston so there wouldn't even be a third game so then I wouldn't have even had a possibility of going. I do much better not getting something I couldn't have in the first place.

ps. Would it be bad etiquette to check scores during the reception? JJ would understand, I'm sure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's something fun - a nice prelude to your upcoming trip...

http://www.leanbackvids.com/videoblog/seattle/mirror-world/

luv, sheesh xoxo

Spiky Zora Jones said...

Hey, I'd love to see the Storm beat out Houston. My money is on the Storm. Yeah, they'll take em in two. I also hope LA gets past Sacramento, though they hold a 3 games to 1 advantage in the regular season. Anything can happen in the playoffs, right? Sparks and Storm split the season. Soooo, if things go well, we'll see you in the playoffs. Later babes.

El N said...

I know the Storm would love to play LA, they're very beatable this year ;)