I'm already in weekend mode. I have a haircut at noon and then a lunch "meeting" at 1..that should take most of the afternoon and should be fairly leisurely. Tomorrow, I intend to do nothing but putter around the yard. I have to till up the garden and I want to get another bed ready for some bulbs. And I am digging up these stupid mums I planted. I have decided I hate mums..sure they bloom late in the season, but they take up way too much space and grow all stupidly. I'm not sure why I kept them from last year but alas, tomorrow, they shall be no more. I also have to put away all my camping gear from last weekend that's strewn about the garage [last weekend, I took the baby dog and some friends and I canoed out on the lake and camped..it was great, despite the rain last Sun night and the thousand ticks I pulled of the dog...so now I've got all my shit everywhere and need to deal with it]
Why yes, we do lead exciting and glamorous lives here in the midwest..thanks for asking!
11/04/2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey babes...it sounds like work for you on the Saturday, but on Sunday your Chiefs go up against the Raiders. I think I'll watch that one. Sorry sweetie, I have to cheer on my team. We suck, so you most likely will have bragging rights.
Debbie will occupy my time Saturday. She wants to go shopping, don't have to ask me twice. what spoils it is that I have to come in Saturday night. I have lots of research to get done. Debbie was pissed but it's important. I'll make it up to her Sunday. I'll cook her dinner and as for dessert, well...she has her choice of whatever she wants. My delicious giant brownies or...me. Yeah, I'm sure she'll pick the giant brownies too. Later babes. I would take it as an insult but you've not tasted my brownies. Later babes.
Yeah...I'm not crazy about mums either. I don't think they're that attractive for the garden either. Like you mentioned, they only bloom for a short period of time and the rest of the year the plant itself is downright ugly and adds nothing to the garden.
I'm with you. Yank those mums out! Have fun in the garden this weekend. I'm doing the same in my garden this weekend.
Post a Comment