So I'm currently in the Hoosier state and the only way I'm staying sane is playing me some poker -- Texas Hold'em and 7 card stud. I'm up $30 bucks so far this trip so that will help with the gas money back. I've been playing poker ever since I was old enough to hold cards; my grandma and great grandma were notorious parlor-gamblers with the penny-anty. I had my own velvet bag of pennies and silver for when I came to visit and we'd get the cards out. Crazy 8s was my personal favorite back then, but these days, I like a little bit more competition. If I go to a casino, I only play the poker machines because at least skill counts for something. The other machines you rely on nothing but the machine to stop on your cherries (dirty!). But I digress. Tonight is a Texas Hold'em tourney and my plan is to at least get to the final table. Unfortunately, I haven't been playing long enough and some of the other folks playing are pretty darn good so we shall see. Payout can be over $300. Who needs a job when you can gamble? ;)
Other than that, my time here has been depressing. I was hoping it would be better than last time, and it is in some respects. But overall, the Hoosier state still makes me sad. I'm heading back home on Sat and looking forward to it...a week away is a long time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds like lots of fun, just like being in Las Vegas. I love it all. I just never win any money...the story of my life. Hey, at least I have my health. Cough...cough. Ha!
Honey, why are you sad in the Hoosier state?
I'm just now back too. The world is safe again, but I know I will be called back very soon. I really should get a different job. Oh well, it keeps me in martinis and bikinis as I sit by the pool on warm San Fernando Valley days.
Ciao Bella.
Post a Comment