Last night I went into town for a going-away party - couple of friends are moving out to Portland. In fact, it's my friend R who A and I used to go out for coffee with etc. Anyway, we set her up with a mutual friend the very day of our winter excursion and now they're together and headed off to new digs. Very happy for her. Party was nice and mellow and I got home early enough last night which is good. I've been keeping weird hours so getting back on schedule is a good thing.
Finally, The Agent is being a curmudgeon. So you know we're moving next month, but in the current little suburban subdivision we live in, they're having this Neighborhood Watch/Night Out ice cream social thing. No big, I think it's nice for ppl to know their neighbors. This year, however, they planned for it to occur basically right in front of our house. We're at the end of the street so it's a logical choice and I guess at the last meeting, they thought we'd already be gone. Because they set up tents and shit, cops and firefighters stop by etc etc., it can be quite a gathering. And there are more houses/ppl than there were last year. I don't really care, it's no big to me. So when The Agent finds out that it's going to be in front of our house, she's gets all curmudgeonly about it and wants them to move it. So I had to promise her that we'd simply park the car somewhere accessible and we'd go out to dinner and movie that night. She gets all weirded out about too many people mingling in her social space. I'm the opposite. I say, bring em on, the more the merrier! (Things must be pretty boring in DC right now because she's called me all week and twice already today professing to miss me - I sense a hook up when she gets back ;)
That's a wrap. Oh, and here's what the Big Dog is doing now that I brought her in:

1 comment:
Is this what you are reduced to? Shooting dog porn? Sweetie, I know you may be hard up for cash--what with buying the house, buying your Agent Dana Scully outfits so that she can impress the big boys in DC, and designing our new Yaddo in the finest Pottery Barn bric-a-brac--but if you needed $$ you could have asked. I would have said no, but I'd get Mrs. to send a few sawbucks your way.
p.s. Darling, Southampton is a trial without you. Christie keeps asking when you're coming out to the manse!
Post a Comment