9/27/2006

Mt Rainier

A few pix of my awesome trip to Seattle. Mountains are love in my book; I appreciate how small I feel next to them. Geologically, they're my favorite things on this planet (though I am partial to ultra-hot deep sea vents, caves, crevasses, and just about every gem/mineral deposit out there). But a mountain..that is humbling and awesome all at once. And being so close to Mt Rainier made me very very happy and peaceful. I wish I could grow my own out here. If only I had a few large granite plates, a little heat, and a bit of friction. Simple, really..

Approaching

Shadow Lake where we camped for the night (6300 ft elev)

Me realizing after two years that my camera has a function for taking pix of things up close

View from Glacier Overlook at sunset


View from Glacier Overlook at sunrise, just left prev pix

1 comment:

vivvy said...

Those are beautiful photos! They almost make me want to go camping, they're that good...