9/21/2006

Stoli, hold the tonic and limes

Oh man, too many vodka tonics last night - that's all I have to say about that. Who does that on a Wed? A friend's dad is in town so we did some grilling and such. And I found myself in front of the stereo playing dj which I'm wont to do late at night after a few beverages. Good times. Chalk it up to training for my Seattle trip by staying up until 2am. Nice.

I've got an early flight tomorrow and I don't even need to tell you that I'm going to be napping later this afternoon. Gotta get my shit together before then though b/c tonight it's all about KT Tunstall. (Of relevance to no one but myself, when I first heard her, I totally thought she was like this 18 year old singer from Australia. Then my friend J was like, um, yeah, she's 31..and from Scotland). I think I was getting her mixed up with Joss Stone (though I have no idea where she's from). Annnyywayy, yeah, so the show tonight should be great - it's raining cats/dogs now and there are supposed to be storms all day/night. Not that it matters since it's inside, but I melt when doused with water (that's how we witches roll).

I'm going with aforementioned friends and when they got tix, I didn't even think to ask The Agent if she wanted to go b/c our music tastes are 180 diff (need I mention the whole Anne Murray thing again?). So last week, she's like 'what's on tap for next week?' and I mentioned the show and she goes 'wait, that chick with the horse and cherry tree?' Yeah, so she kinda wanted to go, oops. But I suspect she's glad she isn't going b/c right now, she's down state at firearms practice and getting rained on. She will be in no mood for anything tonight when she gets home that doesn't involve a warm quiet situation. She always comes back from these things all bruised and cut up from having to shoot every gun in their arsenal. She had a bruise on her shoulder for a week from the shotgun alone. Poor thing.

Enough of Chatty Cathy, I'm going to have a little lunch and rustle up some tylenol-type things -- I blame the tonic and limes if you must know the truth. I'll be unable to pass any digital information along all those internet tubes and wires until I return, but I will be taking pix during my trip and will post the naked ones when I return. Yeah, I've got your Mt Rainier right here, baby. Later.


ps. Confidential to Vivvy: Did you receive my monkey? I made it say funny funny things for you, sweetie. Just like the old days when we took our monkey on the road...and you insisted we name it Tequila Mockingbird after that old drag queen who used to hook you up with poppers and wigs. Remember, darling? Good times, good times..

No comments: