Ah, well, here I am again. Saying things. However, I am now able to do so because I have spent/am spending this weekend totally recharging my battery and it is working. You know, if I can't be out on a prairie in Kansas to recharge, I can learn to adapt to my new environment in productive and healthy ways.
So naturally, Fri night I drank like a lifetime of vodka tonics and went to a girl bar in DC with two of the three ppl I know in this city. Here's a hint: This is an example of what I should not have done and that whole learning to adapt process. When you are sick of dealing with people, or missing certain people, or at the end of your rope, or having an existential crisis about being Too Much Alone In This World, Yet Not Alone Enough, the last place you want to be is in a noisy small bar on lesbian-on-Fri-nights-only-night that's cranking Soulja Boy or whatever and having a "playa" come up on yo ass and dry hump it like this actually works for her? I think I shall pass. One more Stoli and tonic please. Why am I here? Who are these people? If a butterfly flaps its wings in Tibet, will that make this night end any faster? Short answer to all of the above = 42.
So, yesterday, with lesson learned firmly in place, I approached my day differently. I called Canada in the morning, I went and had a massage, and then for the rest of the day, I made it a point/priority/goal not to see or talk to another human being. This is what I am talking about. I took the dogs for a long long walk in the woods near here, checked out leaves and stuff on the ground, let them wade around in a creek running through the woods, listened to nothing but crunching of my feet, saw only two or three people way off in the distance, breathed fresh fresh crisp air. You have no idea. Then I came back and listened to music, spent a long leisurely time cooking (lasagna), chilled the fuck out basically. I slept hard, dreamed about crazy shit, and didn't get up until 930 this morning.
I intend to do similar things today with again a heavy emphasis on no human contact or conversation. That is clearly the key for me this weekend. I'm doing some laundry, will clean a little bit as the motivation hits me, maybe watch some football, have yummy leftovers, and read a new book I got, The Map That Changed the World. I will not get out of my sleep pants and tshirt. I will not get in my car. I will not wash my hair. I will pretend people don't exist in my world for a while longer. I will not think about work or the metro or that city or anything that remotely causes any amount of mental stress/anguish/ennui. You with me on that? Life will be good again.
12/02/2007
object and thing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Sweetie babes...I wish I could give yo a big smooch and hug, but that would mean people (me) and you want to avoid people, right?
Actually the hug was for you and the smooch was for me...ha. My stress reliever.
I'm with you, babes...just chill out and gather your strength.
Later sweetie babe. hope your weekend was fab.
I could not possibly love that poem even one bit more than I do, or understand even slightly more than I do what it is like to feel like that poem. And you know, also, what you did, avoiding the peoples for long hours, is a good thing, and it helps.
I love that poem too.
Here's hoping the weekend chilled you out enough for the coming week.
szj: Did you read the story out today about how bad kissers don't get second dates?
Win: I forgot that I had posted a more preferred (by me) translation of this poem here a while ago. Here you go and as always, you win in my book.
V: I did chill, and then I went in to work today and it wore off in like an instant. Just like poppers in the old days..ah well. How you doing up in that city of yours?
sweetie baby (pats myself on back) I most always get the call for a second date...and the article is kind of correct.
I would though disregard the bad kissing thingy if she or he is HOT, Like, Hello...Fergie (black eye peas) or Tony Gonzales of the Chiefs...He hot. hehehe.
Yeah, I've been out with a few dorks that didn't know how to kiss and keep their hands to themselves. No second date with them for sure.
ciao babes.
Post a Comment