3/05/2008

the things we do for love

Oh you know how it is, there ain't no shame.

1. Watch hockey. Actually know which teams are which, though the rules may elude. Even develop a little crush on hometown team's best player, refer to him as The Russian. He is missing a tooth but that only endears him to you. Hockey? Ovechkin, baby.

2. Take advantage of new free training offered through work = learn French. Je suis un mujer en amore. Or somesuch.

3. Have/Talk about feelings.

4. Develop new and interesting fetishes: Belt buckles. Leather wrist bands. Asymetrical hair. Drum sticks. Canada.

5. Bookmark weather page that shows temp in celcius. Have handy temp conversation on palm pilot.

6. Plan a trip to the other coast in late spring when the weather will be warm - think about nothing but seeing the ocean with her until then.

7. Give up and admit you're hopeless. Blog about it because she's off across the country somewhere and inaccessible. You know how it is.

ETA: 8. Anything.

5 comments:

For Va Jay Jays Only said...

oh this is a endless list...the truth is #8 ANYTHING

vivvy said...

Watch hockey.

Yes, but will you watch baseball? That's the real test.

Spiky Zora Jones said...

Sweetie babes, fabulous list. Hum, number three is a must, especially if you're a women in love.

My high school g/f used to read me poems in French. I didn't know much French...much like zero. I was happy just to watch the words roll off her lips. I wanted to tell her in French. "You are beautiful." I asked another friend to teach me. She played a joke on me and said Tell her. "Vous etes un oiseau.

My g/f laughed when I told her..."I am a bird?' she giggles, but thought it cute that I tried and messed it up. .

My friend was so in trouble...but I had to admit...nice joke.

I like hockey...but baseball rocks.

Anonymous said...

Funny...lately I have an acute awareness of college basketball/football, especially how the Kansas this-and-thats are doing, get all wobbly kneed when I hear the hint of a slow drawl and find myself repeatedly trying to understand just what it is that one does in the crazy world of Robotech.
I'm still not really sure but I keep trying...

El N said...

vaj: Indeed, indeed..

viv: Sweetie, you know my love for you is deep, but don't ask a question where my answer will hurt you more. *kiss kiss*

szj: When I went to France, I found that all one needed to do to get along was smoke cigarettes and occasionally nod and murmur "Oui" through the haze.

t_hc: Sounds like maybe you're a little in love too. She's lucky...