So, you know, sometimes we sorta don't take as good of care of ourselves as we should. Maybe we blow off those yearly doctor's appointments or just kinda assume the best without taking preventative steps and regular health checks etc. I'm guilty too. I haven't found a doctor out here yet and it's been awhile. But sometimes, you know, you realize that you're not getting any younger and you need to stop making assumptions about your health and just do it.
I will be making one of those appointments soon. I found out today that my first girlfriend, who I've mentioned here and here, has breast cancer at the age of 42. I'm really upset quite honestly and am hoping for the best for her. She had a partial mastectomy and will begin chemo in a month. Man. I don't know what else to say.
So maybe if you think about it, you'll do a self-exam this month and make that appointment if you need it. For me? Please?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh Jesus, sweetie. I am so sorry to hear that. Hugs for you, and many, many good thoughts for her.
Oh baby...I'm so sorry.
I will see my doctor. I promise.
It's so scary. My girl was very afraid this one time when she was checked. It loomed over us till the results came back negitive.
Hugs and good thoughts for her and you.
Post a Comment