Heya, how goes it?
So yes I am back and things are good. Sure it's hotter than hell here, but you know it's ok. I must say, my vacation was clearly much-needed and certainly has adjusted my attitude in the right direction. This is a good thing for me and you and everyone we know.
So I'm still operating on midwestern time, which is pretty much 3-4 X slower than here and I've decided to see if I can slow ride that for awhile/as long as I can. Which functionally means that if you are stuck behind me on the escalator for the Metro or walking down the street or driving behind me while I'm leisurely traversing the Beltway, you should pretty much expect that while I appreciate that you have places to go, as do I, I shall not be rushing/pushing/speeding or even showing so much as a hint of haste.
Yep, this is the good ol' "Ah well, I'll get there when I get there" attitude that I pretty much fell right back into easily. No rush. I'm also going to adopt a variation of this in the workplace, the handy "It'll get done when it gets done". I was reminded that while it's quite ok to work hard, it doesn't make much sense to kill oneself for a job. It is a job, not one's life.
And finally, with regard to that whole "people" issue (the not liking them as much), you know, I let that go out on a green green field. There is no point in holding on to the hate, this too shall pass. We all have our thing and you've got to find a way to adapt/get over it. So about my recent misanthropy: People are people (so why should it be etc). I'm officially Over It.
O Glorious Balance, How this Libra has missed Ye!
7/20/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sweetie babes, I love this side of you. The vacay has made a new woman of you. Or could it be that new shade of lipstick and sunglasses?
I love the new you...but I love the before you, too.
Have a wonderful rest of the week sweetie babes. Ciao.
Post a Comment