8/19/2008

I got your cotton crown

Hello to you too. First, I can't believe it's only Tues. I feel like it's been two weeks crammed into 48 hours. Long long days and the pleasing balm of the Midwest is starting to wear off. Remember when I was all like, "Oh people are ok, the city is liveable I guess, it ain't no big thang" when I got back from my vacation? Yeah, that was nice. Apparently, a dose of the MW only lasts me 31 days. It's kinda like forgetting you're a gal until that fateful day in 7th grade when you are wearing white pants and whoops, your 31 day cycle is up, hello real world - time for the menstrual hut! Which, honestly, does not sound so bad, at least I'd be left alone.

Yeah I went there, but trust me, I have been reduced to being brutally honest and frank. This means that I am going to have to play the bad guy this week and call out someone who's ego is larger than his skillset. There is a 3 year bubble after someone receives a PhD that makes them truly insufferable. The sense of entitlement and know-it-allness without any real experience is irksome. I was that way myself when I was a wee young thing, but now I will not tolerate that kind of bullshit. So yeah, if I question whether you know your shit, it's probably because you haven't shown me anything to prove otherwise and those letters after your name aren't going to make it so. Yeah. You know, I don't have a problem being direct, but man. It just takes energy that I could spend on other things. Like reading a book. Or learning French. Or buying strippers and cocaine.

Don't mind me, I'm about to be reminded that I'm a woman! Goodnight to you!

ps. Vivvy, I say to you: I share your appreciation for the semicolon; however, I am more enamored of the ellipsis...

1 comment:

vivvy said...

that fateful day in 7th grade when you are wearing white pants

Ah, I see now the origins of your culotte love.

It is hard to be brutally honest with someone, but who knows, perhaps in the long run it will help him. Courage, ma petit chou! Dogs and wine await you at the end of your day.

I'm about to be reminded that I'm a woman!

Not unlike that time in Bangladesh, you know, with the cab driver, the rooster, and the hookah.

And p.s., the ellipsis is lovely...that beautiful trail into infinity...but it suffers too much abuse at inferior hands...like mine....