I've been way too busy at work the last two weeks. My office is a mess, papers everywhere, shit to do, grad students to supervise, etc. Since the semester started, things are in high gear and since we're winding down trying to spend the rest of our money, I'm on a buying and hiring frenzy. It felt like Xmas when I went to Office Depot the other day. Of course, after Dec, there's not going to be any money to pay someone to work in the lab to use all that stuff. I have a shitload to do before I leave this job and not looking forward to it. Essentially 15 years worth of projects and materials and files to keep track of and be able to put your hands on when needed. When I left the last time and came back, I couldn't find anything because someone else had been project managing. Now I fear that my PI isn't going to be able to find stuff when I'm gone. Which of course segues into my other fear of not knowing if/what my next job is going to be. I'm trying to be zen about it and have a few contingency plans and some apps in the fire. Aye, forks in the road and existential crises...good times!
This weekend I intend to do as little as possible. Don't hate me, viv, but I'm looking forward to reading the newest Harry Potter. Miss Connecticut is to blame for finally turning me on to those books and now, what can I say? Sure, it's not Proust, but the way my brain is working these days, I need a little muggle-comfort. Sue me!
9/09/2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh darling, everyone's brain needs a little vacay (as our role model Ted Casablanca would put it) every now and then...after all, you did sail through Gibbon's Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire on your last camping trip. Ah, I see you now, heavy tome in your lap, reading to the Agent as she paddles the canoe upstream...
Post a Comment