9/16/2005

Sun

The Conn Sun pulled out a very lucky win last night at home on a 3 pointer with 6 seconds left to send it to overtime. Without that shot, I suspect they would have fallen in Sac. I missed the first half of the game, but watched the second. I expect the remaining games of this series to be just as close and just as hard fought. I'll be missing my WNBA after this is over, but football season started so I've got a good replacement.

I had intended to go down to the southern part of the state tomorrow to go to this music festival/camping situation. But I'm leaning against it now..best to use this weekend for apologies, I think. :)

7 comments:

vivvy said...

A wise decision, sweetie. I hope you gals have a good weekend and get everything worked out.

Anonymous said...

This has nothing to do with your post, but I could find no other way to respond to this (from TWoP):

and Canna..if you still read TWoP, PM me

My first response was gonna be, "well hello there".

Then, failing to find an email address, I clicked to your blog and saw that you are ... The Great LN James! Holy!God! So my response is ::Bow of Infinite Respect:: I have many of your X/G works archived on my hard disk. And most especially: Chicago 5am, one of my favourite pieces of all time! Thank You, O Great LNJames, for many hours of enjoyment! Your talent is enormous, thank you so much for sharing it. You are a legend.

As with a number of us older farts wandering around the L&O:SVU A/O-shipping club, we are essentially Xena refugees, drifting aimlessly, in search of a new f/f home ... and we landed here. I am happy indeed that you have also wandered this way ... I do hope you find inspiration in the A/O area so that we may again enjoy your superb work.

So, hey there. :-) I'm afraid I can't respond to you on TWoP, as I was banned 3 months ago. (Yeah ... weird). It is a "special" place ... I was banned, without explanation, two hours after posting this. Ah well, it gave me the opportunity for a fantastic rant on my LJ. :-)

My very best regards,
Canna (canna@fastmail.fm)

Spiky Zora Jones said...

Hey yeah, don't forget the tulips. God luck.

Looks like Conn did it and without dominating the boards. Defense and Sac fatigue did Sac in. Yo always a factor, but not enough Yo to get the win. You gotta love the WNBA.

Hey looks like you have a big fan. You do deserve the praise, you are a fabulous writer. Yeah, I've read all of your stuff and Madame Q's too. Any chance you and that other fab writer 'Madame Q' co-authoring another story? Hey, I know 'From Hair to Eternity' is a classic and it would be hard to best it. Oh, what a challenge, huh? It makes me laugh everytime, giggling like a lil school girl as Debbie says. Who cares, it's dang funny. Wanna thank you for the info on the Alamo. Who woulda thunk it, no friggin basement? No wonder Pee Wee was so po'd.

Later babes, hope all goes well in the love department.

El N said...

Canna..I had a feeling I knew you from somewhere and wanted to give you a shout out for the kind words...those XWP days were long ago so it was a surprise to see a mention.

You know Miss Vivian Darkbloom lurks around here ;) and also writes SVU. You'll recognize her many skills if you look close enough. (I also wrote a few little drabbles on an LJ community..there's a link to them on here somewhere)

I don't know the politics of TWoP very well so can't comment on that other than to say that forum seems a tad over-moderated. Too bad though..

At any rate, nice to hear from you and keep in touch!

El N said...

ps to SZJ: Once upon a time, Viv and I were writing a sequal to Hair..what was that called again, sweetie? I think we forgot whose turn it was when we were in Betty Ford. Apparently, we were expected to actually attend meetings and such so our literary pursuits were put on the backburner. It wasn't until she finished her homage to the Valley of the Dolls, Sparkle, Neely, sparkle! that her creative juices started flowing again and in turn, inspiring me. We may take the show off-off Broadway though..

Anonymous said...

Hey, LN James (Canna again),

You've created a wee bit of a mystery now:

Canna..I had a feeling I knew you from somewhere

Nope, 'fraid not. Yes, I was a rabid X&G fan, and am now just a refugee from that Lost Magnificence ... but I'm sorry to say we never knew each other, as I never sent feedback to any of the Great XG Authors whose work I enjoyed during that time. I'm very sorry for that, but there were practical constraints: beginning of my career, employed at a national lab, work address was my only email address ... and we knew they were watching the network connections (e.g. One of my colleagues got spanked for innocently accessing a photo-site that happened to also contain porn. Oops.)

So: at last emboldened with work-independent ISP & email-address: Thank You for your fine work, which I've appreciated very much indeed. Wonder why you thought you recognized me ... the fact that 50% of my SVU posts mentioned Xena? :-) Or the Chicago 5am plug from my LJ? Anyway, it is a real delight to greet you at last.

I'm delighted you've wandered to SVU and into the A/O area. They're a good pair. And as I tried to describe in that LJ-link above (a "Treatise" on SVU-Uber), I think they are an archetypal pair: one of sufficient uniqueness that one can e.g. move them to Uber settings. They're more balanced than X&G -- partners from the get-go, rather than the dark/light imbalance seeking mutual learning that was the essence of X&G -- and that spirit of equal partnership enspired me enough to try some writing of my own. If you're in need of diversion (hehe, which I doubt, as I see from a quick scan of your blog entries that you're as slaved-to-the-semester as I am :-)), I've written two A/O pieces: a novel, and a short-story in the uber vein. They're at P&P, which has established itself as "The New Lunacy". (Though sans-reviews ... my goodness, Lunacy had energy, what an immense amount of work she put into that site.)

You know Miss Vivian Darkbloom lurks around here ;) and also writes SVU. You'll recognize her many skills if you look close enough.

Another enticing mystery! A former X&G writer? Where is her new work posted? I look forward to reading it and trying to guess who she was in the X&G world. (Given the name ... could it be the gothic Nene Adams?)

I don't know the politics of TWoP very well so can't comment on that other than to say that forum seems a tad over-moderated.

Ah, no problem. :-) Getting banned was fabulous material for a fantastic blown-fuse rant-of-outrage on my LJ. Aaah, ::happy smile::, how rarely such a splended opportunity comes along. Basically, as far as I can tell, the thing to avoid is: Never talk about the boards on the boards. To do so is a sure prescription for a warning ... and apparently even for a ban, when someone's in a pissy mood. :-)

My best regards, and my long-overdue thanks,
Canna

vivvy said...

Darling, I think our off-off-Broadway venture was the all-female version of Henry IV where I was stalwart Henry to your passionate Hotspur, and Shelley Winters was Falstaff.

{And p.s. to Canna, there's a link to the wonderful world of my XWP crapola on my blog...}