9/19/2005

Weekend

We spent a nice Saturday camping and fishing at a lake near here, the weather was perfect and it was a full moon. Then I woke up at 230am to distant lightening and thunder. I checked the radar on my phone and saw a huge bunch of thunderstorms about an hour west of us and we both decided that we would rather pack up and hike the mile or two out than deal with 2 wet dogs, wet stuff, and a muddy path the next morning. Needless to say, when we finally got out and waited in the car for the storm to pass and got home/showered etc, it was 530am. Yesterday was a lazy day for sure. However, it was good to get out and the Agent and I had a nice conversation and all is well (apology accepted plus a good discussion). The dogs were beat after all that hiking and swimming and running around. They slept all day yesterday while I watched football and WNBA (Lindsay was a liability unfortunately as the Sun lost) and then my Chiefs win. A perfect Sunday is the morning paper and football on all day with naps interspersed.

Other things:

With all the rain we've been getting and it's still warm, my garden and flowers/plants are still going crazy. The best basil I've had ever and my peppers will kick your peppers' asses. I mowed Fri night which got me into my zen zone.

My friend, L, is coming to town for a month..she had just moved to New Orleans in July to start a job at Tulane. She's spending time here b/c they gave her an office to work out of and also the Algerian Fool (her bf) is back here. Will be good to see her and perhaps get some camping in with her while she's here.

I had a dream last night (will spare you details), but one memorable line from it was me saying to someone "But you know I have a fetish for high heels"...which, while true, I had actually forgotten. So yeah.

Finally, a song from this album has been going through my head for weeks. I am going to pull it out and put it here in hopes that it goes away.

Putting all the vegetables away
that you bought at the grocery store today.
And it goes fast, you think of the past.

Suddenly everything has changed.

Driving home the sky accelerates.
And the clouds all form a geometric shape.
And it goes fast, you think of the past.

Suddenly everything has changed.

Putting all the clothes you washed away,
As you're folding up the shirts you hesitate.
Then it goes fast, you think of the past.

Suddenly everything has changed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you are going to blame the Sun loss on anything, blame your hair

El N said...

says you!

Spiky Zora Jones said...

Hey what is it with the high heels? Debbie has the very same fettish. Yeah, I love to see the fire in her baby blues when I wear them as I climb into bed. Believe me, we who wear them for our babes, get as much a thrill as you do seeing us in them. Hey I like to wear them anyway, I mean like when we go out too, always have. Well, maybe sometimes not, like when the guy I was out with wasn't tall enough. um yeah, that was high school and early coolege years. I'm only 5' 7" which doesn't make me that tall. My gal though doesn't care, she just loves me in them. It doesn't matter that she is shorter than me.
Your Chiefs kicked butt on my Raiders. I thought we had you towards the end, but they are not a patient bunch. They hurried things up and didn't stall fot the 2 minute warning, then they could have maybe called a decent play for the win. Coulda, shoulda, woulda, I guess. Zero and two is no way to start a season, huh? Hey baby doll, we'll just have to return the favor next time we meet. later babes.
Oh sweetums, I don't blame your hair, I think it's devine.